• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "cheapest pay as you go USB/Mobile broadband"

Collapse

• chris79
    replied
    For all the doubters:-

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/m...on-your-phone/

It says its only for your phone, but I use GPRS dialup via bluetooth and it works fine, how they will ever be able to tell is another thing, and even if they can whats the worst that can happen - they'll bar your simcard and you lose a few quid credit. I've been using this for over a year now, no problems. The bonus is that if you use the simcard for your phone as well you can do the anytime tariff which means 12p to anyone, any network, anytime.. really good deal for light users like myself.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    Thanks very much for the input. I am hoping that the 3G ipod comes out within the next 3months so no need to buy the dongle.

[QUOTE=chris79;529309]Depends how you want to do this, and how it works out for you but I use t-mobile pay as you go, and use bluetooth GPRS internet through my mobile phone. The reason for this is that data is capped at just £1 a day, no contract, and you can use it as much as you like. Also you can buy a 5 day internet pass for £2.50 so if you only use it once or twice a week it works out pretty good.
    QUOTE]

I currently have a payasugo t-mobile sim in my O2 Orbit(MDA...). Does this mean I can do the same as well, surf via cable/bluetooth connection to my laptop?

css_jay99

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Depends how you want to do this, and how it works out for you but I use t-mobile pay as you go, and use bluetooth GPRS internet through my mobile phone. The reason for this is that data is capped at just £1 a day, no contract, and you can use it as much as you like. Also you can buy a 5 day internet pass for £2.50 so if you only use it once or twice a week it works out pretty good..
    Don't know how you get it at those prices as they say £4 per day. But there is a special offer of £15 per month at the moment. The gadget freak in me is very tempted, except I'm not sure when I'd actually use it.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    ... depends if you need to use your phone and surf at the same time.
    Er - will I be marked out as a geek if I confess that I do this? - surf using lappy via bluetooth and talk to people on phone at same time. Will probably have a brain tumour by next week.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    As my old gran used to say "Cheap is Dear"....

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    And to think people are paying extra for those 3G dongles!
    ... depends if you need to use your phone and surf at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Alternatively I think 3 do a good deal, something like a tenner a month with a 1gig allowance on their mobile broadband/usb package.
    That's the one I use, it's pretty good, apart from the cheeky hard-coded popup that appears at connection saying "connected at 7.2Mbps".... when it's rarely more than about 2Mps download and a couple of hundred upload.

I guess coverage is an issue, but I read somewhere that 3 are sharing their 3G infrastructure with another company (T-mobile?) now to improve that.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    I'm on O2 and have their unlimited data bundle for something like £6.50 per month. I use bluetooth to access the 3.5G / 3G / GPRS Internet via my mobile phone anywhere, anytime. And to think people are paying extra for those 3G dongles!

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Hi people,

Can you recomend the cheapest pay as you go usb/mobile broadband connection? around.

as they reliable at all

cheers

css_jay99

I have a 3G phone with Orange - get unlimited data after 7pm, before 7am, and at weekends. PAYG per MB (£2 I think). I can also have a days unlimited for just £1.

When in a 3G area, it really does fly - just as fast as my home broadband.

Considering I pay just £10 a month for 450 minutes and 300 texts, I think I have a cracking deal.

I think you can also get the £1 deal on a PAYG sim as well.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Depends how you want to do this, and how it works out for you but I use t-mobile pay as you go, and use bluetooth GPRS internet through my mobile phone. The reason for this is that data is capped at just £1 a day, no contract, and you can use it as much as you like. Also you can buy a 5 day internet pass for £2.50 so if you only use it once or twice a week it works out pretty good. ..
    If you choose this option, don't forget you need an Internet T-mobile SIM card.

(They also do a bog-standard SIM card, or did, which doesn't support Internet access. But the Internet variant may be standard by now.)

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Depends how you want to do this, and how it works out for you but I use t-mobile pay as you go, and use bluetooth GPRS internet through my mobile phone. The reason for this is that data is capped at just £1 a day, no contract, and you can use it as much as you like. Also you can buy a 5 day internet pass for £2.50 so if you only use it once or twice a week it works out pretty good.

Alternatively I think 3 do a good deal, something like a tenner a month with a 1gig allowance on their mobile broadband/usb package.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    started a topic cheapest pay as you go USB/Mobile broadband

cheapest pay as you go USB/Mobile broadband

Hi people,

Can you recomend the cheapest pay as you go usb/mobile broadband connection? around.

as they reliable at all

cheers

css_jay99

Working...
X