• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Serious question - your opinion is important"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "Engage!"
    You guys in the red suits stay behind the rock, I'll sort this out.

Spod - In "Things you never hear Captain Kirk Say" mode!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Make it so!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    Oh yes! A nice cup of Earl Grey would just hit the spot right now. (I was going to say 'would go down a treat, but, well, you know . . .
    Remember how to order it correctly, Wobbegong.

"Tea, Earl Grey, hot."

Lucifer in "Jean Luc Picard" mode

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    And as you get on in life, you really do appreciate a nice cuppa afterwards. Made with proper leaves and the pot warmed beforehands.
    Oh yes! A nice cup of Earl Grey would just hit the spot right now. (I was going to say 'would go down a treat, but, well, you know . . .

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    A bit dirty as well.

And as you get on in life, you really do appreciate a nice cuppa afterwards. Made with proper leaves and the pot warmed beforehands.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Oh, and DCJ's mum is better than your missus. Leastaways, she makes a nicer cherry and coconut cake and a lovely cup of tea.
    That's nice. They're also more appreciative when they reach that age.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Shame. Rather spoils my next point, so I won't bother making it! However, I suspect you are immortal and have been present at every significant event in history. I even suspect you rogered my ex. Am I correct, Sir?
    Yes, I am Zelig. Or Connor MacLeod. I can never remember which, which is embarassing if I turn up to a social function with an inappropriate sword.

Oh, and DCJ's mum is better than your missus. Leastaways, she makes a nicer cherry and coconut cake and a lovely cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    If he didn't, he's the only one!
    You're not wrong, you're not wrong. And if they didn't, they certainly saw the movie she made.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I even suspect you rogered my ex. Am I correct, Sir?
    If he didn't, he's the only one!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    No, but I have seen "The Singing Ringing Tree", which is pretty much as far it goes for me with Eastern European cinema. Oh, and "Ludwig" and that mole cartoon as well, of course.
    Shame. Rather spoils my next point, so I won't bother making it! However, I suspect you are immortal and have been present at every significant event in history. I even suspect you rogered my ex. Am I correct, Sir?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Lucifer, have you watched Kieslowski's Decalogue?
    No, but I have seen "The Singing Ringing Tree", which is pretty much as far it goes for me with Eastern European cinema. Oh, and "Ludwig" and that mole cartoon as well, of course.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I used to work in a flower shop and still have the right contacts. I can do you a good deal.
    Lucifer, have you watched Kieslowski's Decalogue?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    You should buy some flowers for a lovely young lady. Ask Franco, as an Italian he's bound to have a few extra lovelies knocking around.
    I used to work in a flower shop and still have the right contacts. I can do you a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Thanks to all the voters, your effort is much appreciated.

Gotto go buy some presents for parents and elder sister or else she will beat me up senseless!!!!
    You should buy some flowers for a lovely young lady. Ask Franco, as an Italian he's bound to have a few extra lovelies knocking around.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    It was brought to my attention on another forum by person who visits this forum that I am rightfully considered an idiot on this forum.

Now personally I never took that serious as I did not believe most of you consider me an idiot (in general).

Hence this poll -- do you think I am really an idiot? Please be serious -- answer Yes only if you do really think I am an idiot, don't just choose it because you find my views weird or just don't agree with them.

I won't vote so only your votes will count
    I dont think you are an idiot most of the time AtW, you have strong personal opinions but thats about it.

Regards

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X