• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That sexy R&B type black girl from The Apprentice"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    R&B in the modern sense is music with whining lyrics, tedious rap or both...
    So not R&B at all, in other words.

Why, in God's name, give the name of a great musical genre to that sort of fatuous, drivel?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Agree.

What's so 'R&B' about her I'd like to know - although she did look a bit like Howlin' Wolf.
    R&B in the modern sense is music with whining lyrics, tedious rap or both, its pop for people who don’t appreciate proper music and would rather listen to a genre where each track is indistinguishable from the last, very popular with chavs.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    She was thick as mince and ugly....totally deserved to go
    Agree.

What's so 'R&B' about her I'd like to know - although she did look a bit like Howlin' Wolf.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    She was thick as mince and ugly....totally deserved to go

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Er..sexy? She wasn't sexy, nor did she inhibited any form of intelligence.
    So shes halfway perfect then.

Leave a comment:

• up4it
    replied
    I quite like brown sugar myself! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    This time it has the worst candidates ever! How can you possibly sell ice-cream to a shop that makes its own ice-cream.
    And three appoinments were ice-cream makers and they ended up cancelling one appointment, so they only sold to two major clients. How to snatch defeat from the hand of victory...Lindy should have gone sooner...I just think about the 24/7 laundry hotline.

Wonder if they'll do a fifth series?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    She was tulip - end of...

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yeah the bit in the intro where he says "the prize is getting to work with him".
    what a load of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    I find watching The Apprentice inhibits any form of intelligence.
    Have to agree there, I find it a hard program to bring myself to watch these days. Clearly none of the 'candidates' have any business acumen, and come across as a bunch of ego centric sales consultants, boasting about how great they are, and then grovelling for a job with Amstrad.

Are they even aware of the some of the ridiculous products Amstrad have churned out, such as the GX4000 games 'console', an 8-bit atrocity trying to compete with the 16-bit Megadrive and SNES. Unsurprisingly it was relegated to the stalls of Sunday markets shortly after launch, being sold for a few quid. And what's that E-m@iler phone all about?

I found Richard Branson's 'The Rebel Billionaire' far more entertaining. I particularly like the episode where Branson dresses up as an elderly taxi driver responsible for picking up the shows contestants from the airport. The taxi driver (Branson) struggles with their suitcases, and makes an assessment of the contestants character based on their response to this, those that did not show any compassion were canned. Very good

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Yeah the bit in the intro where he says "the prize is getting to work with him".

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    The girls watch it at my house... sometimes its just too cringeworthy for me
    I watched about 30 seconds of it once, summed up Sugar as a loud mouthed bully, and have avoided it since.
    Last edited by Sysman; 24 April 2008, 14:20. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Why do we end up watching such drivel though?
    The girls watch it at my house... sometimes its just too cringeworthy for me

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    You watch it because you think it might be a more intelligent version of Big Brother.
    What actually happens is you end up thinking... where the hell did they get such useless candidates from?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Because my missus likes to watch it. This series is terrible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X