• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clay pigeon shooting"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    There is too much testosterone in this thread and for that reason, I am out.

@ PAH

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What distance are you shooting from? A clean head shot and without FAC power? Impressive.
    So far the furthest one was about 20 yards, 10-15 the rest. The scope is calbrated for about 18 yards. I'd like to be able to shoot up to 35 though so will need to work out the range on the mil-dot.

A pre-charge with a magazine is the business IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    I got the walnut stock version for about £530. The AA silencer, 500 slugs, and foot pump bought it up to a shade over £700.
    What distance are you shooting from? A clean head shot and without FAC power? Impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    How much did you pay - I know it's a rude question but...
    I got the walnut stock version for about £530. The AA silencer, 500 slugs, and foot pump bought it up to a shade over £700.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    S410 Carbine.

Non FAC. Certainly enough power for my needs and I get a lot more shots out of a charge.
    How much did you pay - I know it's a rude question but...

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Which variant?

FAC?
    S410 Carbine.

Non FAC. Certainly enough power for my needs and I get a lot more shots out of a charge.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I bought one of these http://www.air-arms.co.uk/S400S410.htm last Saturday.

It's an amazing piece of kit. Ideal for dealing with the damn rabbits digging up my lawn and eating my hedge. So far there's 6 less of them, each one a clean head-shot. Cheaper than rabbit-fencing.
    Which variant?

FAC?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    I do it to keep my eye in for the shooting season - I don't mind it, but it has no where near the attraction that game shooting does.
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    I bought one of these http://www.air-arms.co.uk/S400S410.htm last Saturday.

It's an amazing piece of kit. Ideal for dealing with the damn rabbits digging up my lawn and eating my hedge. So far there's 6 less of them, each one a clean head-shot. Cheaper than rabbit-fencing.

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    I'm sittnig on the sofa watching a grouse sitting on the wall at the edge of our drive... not sure the neighbours would appreciate me blasting it with a blunderbus this time of night
    Get the catapult out then. Or one of these:
    http://www.deepblueshooting.co.uk/product.aspx?id=13651

Your neighbours wouldn't hear a thing. Apart from a squawk and a thud

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    When will you dreary arrivistes realise that shooting is for proper country people, who shoot flesh, blood and feather, for the AGA
    I'm sittnig on the sofa watching a grouse sitting on the wall at the edge of our drive... not sure the neighbours would appreciate me blasting it with a blunderbus this time of night

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I did it on a stag do, and got the top score out of 20 people. If anyone needs a hitman
    Wilmslow does...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I did it on a stag do, and got the top score out of 20 people. If anyone needs a hitman
    Crikey! How many stags did you bag?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    When will you dreary arrivistes realise that shooting is for proper country people, who shoot flesh, blood and feather, for the AGA, not you urbanites, 'young executives' or 'middle managers' who shoot bits of old pots shot from a sling?

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    What's the attraction? Went for the first time this weekend and was bored within 20 min. How anyone could do this regularly for fun/sport is beyond me. I spent my last few goes looking around for squirrels/birds but to no avail.
    Went to a client's day out in 06. Won the pigeon shooting, despite never having done anything like it before. Would try again if someone else is paying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X