• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cold Calling

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cold Calling"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm trying to get SA and Lucy into a cat-fight over me...

Don't tell anyone.
    OK.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    The bigger question is actually.. what the **** is SA doing back on the board? I thought we had got rid of the wench.
    I'm trying to get SA and Lucy into a cat-fight over me...

Don't tell anyone.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    The bigger question is actually.. what the **** is SA doing back on the board? I thought we had got rid of the wench.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I think its a badger honour

igmc

Perhaps you are Ruth Badger and perchance I can claim my five Ginsters meat pies (unless you've already eaten them) you lardy sales 'selling ice to the eskimos' woman you.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Thanks for the replies.

Sal! you've picked up on a point that has worried me for some time - that I overuse the exclamation mark. I'll retire to my sett and consider my options

<Badger>

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I never mean "Pervert!" as an insult!
    Ah, true enough. Okay, it is even more nice to read then in that font!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

igmc

I see what you've done there.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Guilty as charged.

I see you're giving the Comic Sans MS font some love, Sal. It makes all of your posts so cheery. Even the 'Pervert' one I took as a compliment.

I never mean "Pervert!" as an insult!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

igmc

That was quite a good geordie accent

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Pervert!
    Guilty as charged.

I see you're giving the Comic Sans MS font some love, Sal. It makes all of your posts so cheery. Even the 'Pervert' one I took as a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm more interested in why you put an exclamation mark after your name?

Badger!
    Like, look at me!

(We know you're not really a badger.....or are you? Is this a big double bluff?)

Sal!

igmc

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Or, like, look at my Badger!
    Pervert!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

Badger!
    Like, look at me!
    Or, like, look at my Badger!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I'm more interested in why you put an exclamation mark after your name?

Badger!
    Like, look at me!

(We know you're not really a badger.....or are you? Is this a big double bluff?)

Sal!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I've never 'cold-called' and if you have a relationship with someone I wouldn't call it that anyway. It is more just a case of getting back in touch with a contact.

I keep in touch reasonably well and have landed a couple of contracts that way. The vast majority I get via the job boards however.

Quick point: watch out for IR35 if you are looking at the possibility of returning to do the same thing you used to do as a permie, as a contractor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X