• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oops - wrong man

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oops - wrong man"

Collapse

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Hmmm. There's broad minded and broad minded.

The Liberalist type that Dodgy eludes to is more synonomous with those who preach more and more freedom and tolerance but without any emphasis on responsibility. A noticeable left-wing tendency.

Or maybe as Maggie T once described; those who find it fashionable to think the best of our enemies and the worst of ourselves and our allies.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    I find it funny though whenever i see someone useing "liberal" as an attempt at an insult

I would suggest to those that view it an insult that they emigrate to the USA and join the religious right there, as they would feel more comfortable there.

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
    Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Sounds like pinko talk to me. Ma, fetch me bestest rope, there's a gonna be a lynchin'.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    I see the guilt ridden liberals are more worried about what the police are doing than what the terrorists are doing. It transpires dear "Bob" that this Brazilian had overstayed his visa. OK so a Brazilian "gets it", I feel much safer knowing that there are police out on the streets who are prepared to act rather than pander to politically correct liberal attitudes.
    Who's the liberalist and who's the fool

Over the past months on the CUK forum, I have often displayed the following traits.

1. I totally supported the war in Afghanistan.

2. I opposed the war in Iraq because I saw it and still do see it as a miltary strategic blunder in the fight against terror.

3. I support the right of the BNP to exist and practice as a political organisation.

4. I do not support the ban on fox hunting.

5. I'm a consistant Tory voter.

6. I despise political correctness.

7. I despise Governmental and corporate subterfuge often employed to divert attention away from facts.

8. I see much of the human rights legislation as a load of nonsense that causes more problems than it solves.

9. I do not want to understand suicide terrorists. I prefer to see them destroyed.

10. I believe our Police are probably 2nd to none in the world but I do not believe our Police can do no wrong.

11. I do not blame Gt. Britain or our ancestors for Africa's woes.

Should I continue ?

Now dear Dodgy. You tell me with a straight face. Am I a liberalist (let alone a guilt ridden one) or are you a fool for calling me one ?
    Last edited by BobTheCrate; 26 July 2005, 10:52.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Because 'maybe' 7 bullets at point blank range is not particularly consistant with an officer 'in proper control' ?

Thank goodness he didn't have a sub-machine gun instead of a pistol !
    According to you...put in the same position I would probably have emptied my 10 round magazine in to the bugger!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    Watch out Spod, you can get locked up for posting that kind of comment.

Not yet I can't!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    Well, if I was a suicide bomber I'd rig the device to a blood pressure monitor. That way if I was shot dead, the bomb would still explode.

Spod - In "Engineer" mode!
    Watch out Spod, you can get locked up for posting that kind of comment.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Because 'maybe' 7 bullets at point blank range is not particularly consistant with an officer 'in proper control' ?

Well, if I was a suicide bomber I'd rig the device to a blood pressure monitor. That way if I was shot dead, the bomb would still explode.

Spod - In "Engineer" mode!

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    What difference does it make if he was killed by one bullet or a hundred ?

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    What difference does it make if he was killed by one bullet or a hundred - are you worried about the cost to the taxpayer?

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by Paco
    That's because you see them as two separate events and I don't.
    Not quite.

I reserve judgement that they 'may' have been two events. Whilst you adamantly refuse to accept that possibility.

Because if they were 2 events that suggests this suspect was not killed as a last resort.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Why are people so hung up on the number of shots fired?
    Simple, One shot, possibly 2 shots, if you are really leanient 3 shots (though is pushing it) would be indication of a shooter in control doing that is nessary to stop someone.

8 shots, 7 to head and one to body (thought was meant to be advoiding body in case of bomb?) fired from point blank range by an expert marksman at a target being restrained by two other police officers smells like someone out of control and panicking.

Like think about it, 7 shots to head at point blank range, i would definatly say that is a closed casket, guys head must be mush.

To give another situation, big guy attacks little guy, little guy has a knife.
    He stabbs big guy (maybe even 2/3 times) to defend himself
    Reasonable Self defence i think we would agree no?

Now what is he stabbed him say..36 times?
    Most courts in Europe or USA would give him manslaughter at least, and that would be to an untrained, non professional where as in the case with the shooting we are meant to have highly trained professionals, thus should be even less forgiving.

To me and many others this is very much an indication of out of control armed police with an indescriminate licence to kill.

Remember the only "evidence" before the shooting against this guy was:
    He lived in an apartment block that was under surveillance (same as god only know how many other people)
    Wore a unseasonably heavy jacket (see load of people like this on tube every day)
    Was a fare dodger

I find it highly disturbing that so many people are so frightened of the terrorists that they have no problem with the above list equalling a death sentence .

Bet the terrorists will be pleased though
    Last edited by Not So Wise; 25 July 2005, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• Paco
    replied
    Originally posted by sappatz
    the british police was not only in civilian clothes but they pumped EIGHT SHOTS in the head.

this is massacre with a big M. you kill someone with one shot in the head. It means the guys lost control of themselves, they almost emptied the full charger
    Why are people so hung up on the number of shots fired? The police decided, rightly or wrongly, that he needed to be killed and that was the end result. If I was in that position and I wanted to be sure that he was dead and therefore incapable of detonating his (supposed) bomb then I think I would do the same to remove any doubt.

Of course not. It is crucial though that you failed to mention this suspect had been physically caught and restrained before he was shot umpteen times.
    That's because you see them as two separate events and I don't. I'm imagining two coppers jumping him and a third doing the shooting almost immediately, before the suspect got chance to go boom. As neither of us was there that's probably all there is to be said on this.

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    police

the british police was not only in civilian clothes but they pumped EIGHT SHOTS in the head.

this is massacre with a big M. you kill someone with one shot in the head. It means the guys lost control of themselves, they almost emptied the full charger

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    If you read the BBC website you will see they did not demand he stop till after he jumped the barrier, basiclly he was fare dodgeing, knew penalty fares were going up..but death sentences???
    I did not see that he jumped over before he was told to stop, suppose he thought that he was chased by the revenue protection people and did not look back to see they got guns.

A darwin awards winner 2005.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X