• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rate card fun….

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rate card fun…."

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    This will depend upon the sector. For what I do, those rates are on the high side. I wish I could expect to get 400 a day as a senior engineer.

tim
    They're not the rates he'd be paying contractors, they're the rates he'd be paying a consultancy for their permies.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master View Post
    Are you having a giraffe?

Multiply those by 3 if it's Jim Smith Consulting Ltd., .
    This will depend upon the sector. For what I do, those rates are on the high side. I wish I could expect to get 400 a day as a senior engineer.

tim

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Roots,

yes keeping on top the new fangled .Net is priority number 1 but I've dragged into supporting the LoadRunner peops with their stuff from the .Net side which got me thinkin about a plan c

Winston, you are not far out there

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I thought you now had a rock solid lucrative Plan B in place ?
    He had to dig it out for his swimming pool.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    let's say plan c then
    You've just given it all away ! I have carefully deleted the details from this post.

Surely all your efforts should be going into keeping on top of your new fangled exploits !?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    How come they're trusting someone so ditheringly inept to negotiate these things?
    Because the previous guy who did this has now retired.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got a consultancy in tomorrow, aim is to thrash out a rate card for testing resource.

I am assuming short work has a higher rate, and longer term will have a lower rate.

Any heads up on the type of rates I should be looking for.

Levels I am thinking of…..

Test Analyst
    Senior Test Analyst
    Test Manager
    Automation Tester (QTP / WR)
    Performance Tester (LoadRunner)
    About £300 / day, or 10 rupees, whichever is less. HTH

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    roots,

let's say plan c then
    Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 16 April 2008, 13:35.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Even more lucrative now potato prices are rising.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Why not?

I was thinking....
    is there a possibility to buy my own Mercury Loadrunner and go into companies connect it to their systems and do load testing for them ?

Do the analysis, document the business processes, record them into Loadrunner, install all the probes for diagnostics and voila

plan b ?

Milan.
    Most clients don't have in-house performance testing, they use big name consultancies. We paid recently £ 4k to one for a 2-day job. Not sure if you can do 'penetration' testing due to security isues, but you should be OK for a client/server app testing.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    plan b ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I was thinking....
    is there a possibility to buy my own Mercury Loadrunner and go into companies connect it to their systems and do load testing for them ?

Do the analysis, document the business processes, record them into Loadrunner, install all the probes for diagnostics and voila

plan b ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Consultancy - not individuals. In my experience consultancy rates (where they use permies) tend to be a little keener - maybe just the quirks of where I have contracted though.
    In that case your experience is highly unusual I would suggest. Consultancies are nearly always more expensive than individual contractors.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Don't mean to sound harsh Wilmslooooooooooooow, but I wouldn't put you in charge of a shopping trolley, let alone hiring a consultancy for an IT project.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    You mentioned a consultancy that is coming. Are these consultancy rates or individual contractor ones? They sound OK for the latter, but will you get someone from a consultancy on those? Doubt it
    Consultancy - not individuals. In my experience consultancy rates (where they use permies) tend to be a little keener - maybe just the quirks of where I have contracted though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X