• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Tower OF Babylon"

Collapse

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Went there earlier this year. Chav free if you go south and stay at one of the boutique hotels.
    Yes yes I'm sure it can be lovely there. Wonderful place in the right area, but I bet you thought WTF did all these chavs come from when you got to the airport?!

Just as Ibiza town is lovely and other parts of Majorca are very nice, I wasn't condemning the whole place, just saying that there's a higher propensity of chavy holiday makers in near vicinity than in Dubai...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Isn't Goa more student backpackers than Chavtastic?
    Good place to go to if you're on benefits apparantly...

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Went there earlier this year. Chav free if you go south and stay at one of the boutique hotels. And a very mellow place - enjoyed it immensely.
    Isn't Goa more student backpackers than Chavtastic?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Goa,
    Went there earlier this year. Chav free if you go south and stay at one of the boutique hotels. And a very mellow place - enjoyed it immensely.
    Seyhelles for later in the year I think - I like that laid back Indian ocean vibe.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Went 10 years ago and loved the place. What's wrong with it?
    chav alert!

Only joking. 10 years is a long time... I think you'll find it somewhat different now?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Mods! Mods!

Is that even allowed?

Just had to hide my face from fellow co-workers, I was laughing so hard at that

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    San Antonio
    Went 10 years ago and loved the place. What's wrong with it?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Thats a bit harsh.
    Mods! Mods!

Is that even allowed?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Thats a bit harsh.
    That's

But fair nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Regulars: Mr & Mrs Beckham, Mr & Mrs Rooney, etc - need to say more?
    Doesn't that just disprove your point? True that the Beckhams and the Rooneys aren't exactly the most cultured of people, but they're hardly going to go on holiday to chav ridden holes are they?

Dubai is a city of superlatives; the highest this, the largest that, the most expensive whatever. Some people find that vulgar but some find it fascinating. I would put many many many holiday locations in the chav capital boat before Dubai, starting with Benidorm, Magaluf, Goa, San Antonio... etc etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    I assume you holiday in Benidorm on the reg then?

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I look down on you because you're an ill-educated, illiterate guttersnipe.
    Thats a bit harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Footballers' favourite place

Regulars: Mr & Mrs Beckham, Mr & Mrs Rooney, etc - need to say more?

(Pardon me for getting in the middle)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Im very much in the 'why Dubai' camp. Don't we all look down upon Benidorm et al because its full of horrible highrise hotels? This is the same thing but higher and more of them, it will look so ugly in 40 years time. Dubai is for people who lack imagination, I bet Gary Neville holidays in Dubai....
    I look down on you because you're an ill-educated, illiterate guttersnipe.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Im very much in the 'why Dubai' camp. Don't we all look down upon Benidorm et al because its full of horrible highrise hotels? This is the same thing but higher and more of them, it will look so ugly in 40 years time. Dubai is for people who lack imagination, I bet Gary Neville holidays in Dubai....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X