• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Growing evidence of mobile phone danger"

Collapse

• Turion
    replied
    I used to wonder why some days my todger was disfunctional . Then I discovered it only happened if my mobile phone was in my trouser pocket

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Is that like "Death by Mawumba"?
    Elaborate, Mawumba?

Off topic - How's the R8?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Oh well..death by Nokia!
    Is that like "Death by Mawumba"?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Can't stand the gurning hand-wringing oh-so-reasonable weasel fink of a Government apologist/propagandist, and apparently most of his BBC colleagues feel the same as he blacklegged it throughout the last strike there.
    His IR35 piece on NewsNight is legendary.

He just trotted out Primarolo's crap without doing any research. Much tripe about 'fairness' as you can imagine.

Oh how we laughed when he had to make a public apology the following night for the inaccuracy of his report.

Ever since then, I've loathed the little monkey-faced git.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    However, what is pissing me off the most is the arrival of that gimp Evan 'tinsel tits' Davies.
    The quicker people heckle "Prince Albert" to the creepy leftie, the better,

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    However, what is pissing me off the most is the arrival of that gimp Evan 'tinsel tits' Davies.
    Can't stand the gurning hand-wringing oh-so-reasonable weasel fink of a Government apologist/propagandist, and apparently most of his BBC colleagues feel the same as he blacklegged it throughout the last strike there.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Definitely.

Especially when Humphries is on...
    I don't mind Humphries - at least he grills the bastard politicians.

Naughty is too Labour-friendly and the female presenters are too dumb and shrill (bring back Sue McGreggor!).

Leave a comment:

• MickeyP
    replied
    I've been testing core network mobile telephony since 1992 when GSM was introduced in the UK and indeed before that on the old TACS kit. In fact for most of the first 5 years of my career I was sat in a test plant with all the BTS' gear buzzing round my head continuously.

If anyones gonna get it I am. Thats if it wasn't total hogwash.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Any evidence to support that assertion?
    2.4GHz is microwave frequency and is absobed by water - like contents of the body - which is how microwaves work. Which is why power outpu from Wifi is restricted to "background" level to reduce the risk.

Just up the output of your router, add a high gain Yagi and point at next doors cat and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Another completely pointless piece of "research" which can be summed up by saying "I have read a few studies and if we start with the assumption that heavy mobile phone use would take more than 10 years to show an effect in increased incidence of brain tumours, then none of those studies can rule it out."

And the bloke spent 14 months on it. Some people really need to find better ways of keeping themselves busy.
    While I'd like to see the full study, I don't think that's what the research says at all. You IT geeks really need some statistical training

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Nokia, Disconnecting People...permanently

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    They cause so many deaths already and untold suffering for some children. Driving whilst on the phone and slap happy attacks! Nokia..connecting people.

By fist.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    They cause so many deaths already and untold suffering for some children. Driving whilst on the phone and slap happy attacks! Nokia..connecting people.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Probably not as harmfull as saccharine or aspartame.

Watch out, you G&T men and women.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I often get headaches when listening to radio4, does that count?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X