• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT Contractor job with lots of travel involved?"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    because....
    The money was pants
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    She wasn't a Virgin?
    That as well

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    She popped her cherry?
    ^^

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I've spent the last 5 years working all over the EMEA region, it can get a bit wearying after a while so now just settling in to traveling around Germany but it looks like travel is back on the cards again with gigs in Schweiz, Spain and France looming up. Get based on the mainland doing mainframes and you're looking good...

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    She wasn't a Virgin?
    Ah...see it's obvious once some one tells you.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    because....
    She popped her cherry?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    because....
    She wasn't a Virgin?

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    A bird at my last permie job left to work as a stewardess for Virgin – then came back 6 months later
    because....

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    A relative of mine aspires to be an air stewardess, which I assume is the same thing but for women.

She's currently at college, though I've no idea what sort of course she needs to pass to get that kind of job? Maybe one where they teach you how to open miniture spirit bottles without braking a nail, and not rolling around in tears of laughter when they ask for 5 quid for it.
    A bird at my last permie job left to work as a stewardess for Virgin – then came back 6 months later

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Friend of mine is a flight attendant and keeps banging on about how he spent x days here, x days there etc all around different exotic places in the world

A relative of mine aspires to be an air stewardess, which I assume is the same thing but for women.

She's currently at college, though I've no idea what sort of course she needs to pass to get that kind of job? Maybe one where they teach you how to open miniture spirit bottles without braking a nail, and not rolling around in tears of laughter when they ask for 5 quid for it.

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    Training takes you all over. Exhausting though.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    Flight attendant is usually no good as you're mostly on the same route to my knowledge (besides the crappy pay that is).
    Not true; you will typically go to varied destinations either on the same aircraft or through shift rotations. Friend of mine is a flight attendant and keeps banging on about how he spent x days here, x days there etc all around different exotic places in the world (he gets a couple of days off, with spending money, after a long haul shift before doing a return shift) The basic pay is atrocious though.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    IT Contractor job
    Or Hector?

A mate of mine got a gig once upgrading routers all across Europe for about 9 months - sounded like fun.

I'm off to Geneva next month

Going through terminal 5

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    It's just that I, as opposed to most computer people, actually like to travel for no good reason at all. Meeting new people, getting drunk in strange places etc

One particular niche I have found are professional trainers, who teach say GSM or 3G stuff, now GSM is hot news in Africa so you get to teach over there for decent money.

Flight attendant is usually no good as you're mostly on the same route to my knowledge (besides the crappy pay that is).
    Training is a good one, especially if it involves roll outs to regional offices.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You running from the long arm of the law?
    Or the CSA....

Or are you David Banner?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Go and get some work in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Flight Attendant?
    Originally posted by scooby View Post