• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dummy explosions

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dummy explosions"

Collapse

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by dazza12
    I think the point they are trying to prove is that we will never be safe from them.

There's got to be a few people that have decided today to never use the tube again. And for the many that still aren't scared, a few more scares or explosions will do it for them.

I for one will use the tube and bus system. Never have done before, but wouldn't shy away from it if I had to.
    heh.. But imagine, if hardly anyone uses the tube… few months then they’ll have to reduce the underground ticket price, and perhaps the underground trains’ tickets would be as cheap as dirt… hmmm what a thought… I say let’s invest in a tram system, both in Amsterdam and Germany the trams are really good..

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    I think the point they are trying to prove is that we will never be safe from them.

There's got to be a few people that have decided today to never use the tube again. And for the many that still aren't scared, a few more scares or explosions will do it for them.

I for one will use the tube and bus system. Never have done before, but wouldn't shy away from it if I had to.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This is really weird coincidence of 3 trains and 1 bus again-- perhaps copy cat attack?

At least this time they should get some of the perpetrators alive

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Tonys five pence

BBC

LATEST: Tony Blair says incidents like these are designed to frighten people.

Thanks for that illuminating appraisal of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by dazza12
    Also, someone's been arrested by armed police at the gates of Downing Street.
    Terrorist suspect or just someone in a bikini?

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    There's apparently another one......

Police are investigating a possible suspect package on a Number 37 bus from Putney on its way to Peckham. The bus is off Putney Hill in St John's Avenue.

Also, someone's been arrested by armed police at the gates of Downing Street.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Chaos and confusion

Must have some important bills to table in parliament.

Maybe they are going to make telescreens compulsory along with smoke alarms in all houses

Sunny "in 1984 mode" San

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Man arrested by aremd police close to downing street

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top
    Sounds like a puppet.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Quote from Sky News Webtulipe...

Scotland Yard have confirmed there is an incident involving armed police officers at University College Hospital in Bloomsbury close to Warren Street station.

An internal memo to staff at the hospital has warned them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top.
    There's a gonna be a hangin'

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    Something seems very strange about the news sites and radio. Almost as if there's an agreement to blackout any news in order to stop the panic seen on the 7th.

For instance, nothing seems to have been reported about Shepard's Bush or Oval. We've heard a bit about the bus and Warren street - possibly the only two that definately failed to go off properly.

It feels like small snippets are being drip-fed to the news stations. Even the police at the scene have told bystanders that they are not allowed to say anything about what has happened.

I wouldn't be suprised to find out this evening that it's more serious than we are being told.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Dummy explosions!!!!! any ballistic experts who can shed some light?
    Dummy explosions would be "bombs" that contain no real amount of explosives but rather just the amount that is normally used in detonators. Unless you lay on top of it would be unlikely to kill you but would cause one hell of a large bang and minor damage/injurys

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines, a BBC correspondent has said........

Dummy explosions!!!!! any ballistic experts who can shed some light?
    It was the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Dummies according to everyone else.

There must be some seriously p1ssed off babies out there who are now finding their dummies have gone missing!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Not dummy according to Sky - nail bombs - at least one injured

Leave a comment:

Working...
X