• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poor Starbucks......"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

1. Watery thin liquid, with just a hint of brown (a bit like diarrohea) and tasted like flavoured water.
    Their idea of a curry is about the same.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I ******* hate coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Here's one posted by another user.

Starbucks should provide "coffee kisses" to plug the drink hole in the their cups.

It keeps the drinks from spilling in the car and also keeps my drinks hotter.

I ordered my own from coffeekisses.com but I think Starbucks should provide them the same as they do their hot sleeves.
    Yes, encouraging people to travel with a scalding hot liquid in their car is an idea borne of genius.

I'm going in.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Agreed Snaw !

The coffee I tasted in the US came in 2 types :

1. Watery thin liquid, with just a hint of brown (a bit like diarrohea) and tasted like flavoured water.

2. Thick, syrupy sludge that has been sitting in a coffee pot for 4 hours and you needed a knife and fork to eat it with.

In both case, the products were expensive.

Notice a common denominator here ?

However, it should be noted that coffee is a "cultured drink" and as such, the US haven't got a hope in hell of serving it properly.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    B0llocks, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.

I lived there for four years, it never ceased to piss me off how hard it was to get a decent cup of coffee in the US.
    It's a mystery to me how one goes about making such things as a bad cup of coffee, chips, or a steak. How do they do it?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    Its only tulip here. Last week when in New York the coffee was about a billion times better than any of the tulip Ive been served up here!!!!

Mailman
    B0llocks, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.

I lived there for four years, it never ceased to piss me off how hard it was to get a decent cup of coffee in the US.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    They can start by reducing their prices......

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by M_B View Post
    They could start by serving real coffee.

...... no doubt they have already heard that one though.
    Its only sh1t here. Last week when in New York the coffee was about a billion times better than any of the sh1t Ive been served up here!!!!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    It's taking an absolute age to Register. I'm brimming with ideas (topless baristas, student free zones, renaming the sizes 'standard', 'large' and 'buying it for effect', not trying to bull5h1t us that their rubbish is good for our garden so we dispose of it for them....)

C'mon, c'mon!!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    They could stop serving that rubbish 'fairtrade' coffee.

blek.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I wonder how much their business development people were paid to come up with this cutting-edge idea?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Serving decent coffee might be a place to start. It all tastes pikey to me.

I much prefer Cafe Nero.

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    They could start by serving real coffee.

...... no doubt they have already heard that one though.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    started a topic Poor Starbucks......

Poor Starbucks......

Spring Tour anyone?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7338448.stm

Coffee chain giant Starbucks is hoping its loyal customers may be able to brew up the bright ideas to help turn around its struggling fortunes.

The company recently launched a website offering its US customers the chance to pitch ideas for how the firm can improve its stores and operations.
    This is the site to post your ideas to.

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/home/home.jsp

Hoping that the feedback suggestions will come up with good ideas to boost flagging sales, the Seattle-based chain has also just launched a new cheaper "regular" coffee called Pike Place Roast.
    I hope they launch that branding in the UK.

Working...
X