• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC news which isn't doom, boom, houses, immigration"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    There was a young lady from Lunt...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Wonderstuff View Post
    There is a town in Southern Germany called W A N K and they get sick of us Brits stealing the entry sign year after year.
    I think you are thinking of the Austrian village of F U C K I N G which keeps losing its sign.
    The locals of W A N K are quite relaxed, they even wear shirts with "ich bin ein W A N K E R" writ large upon them.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Wonderstuff View Post
    There is a town in Southern Germany called W A N K and they get sick of us Brits stealing the entry sign year after year.
    Not far from there's Tittisee and Wankdorf...(BTW, dorf, if you say it with a dialect sounds like doof which means stupid so basically the people there msut be shaking hands with the one eyed trouser snake something stupidly...)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    There's a small village (actually smaller than a village) just outside of Ingatestone, near Fryerning, which is called Beggar Hill. Oh what a laugh we had as youngsters by changing the 'e' to a 'u'.

Leave a comment:

• Wonderstuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Surround the sign with barbed wire ? Or an armed guard ? Remove the sign ?
    Shorten the sign so that there is no space to write an additional C ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I think it's a good idea. Just change the L to a C officially and there will be no need for graffiti in the first place. I think that the town would become much more popular too
    Trouble is the old people would just graffiti the C back into an L. I propose clunt , or maybe dussy or danny.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Can't they just use that plastic that it's not possible to write on ?

Paint just falls off, ISTR.
    wouldn't they just glue something on? or etch it in?

they always find a way round.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Can't they just use that plastic that it's not possible to write on ?

Paint just falls off, ISTR.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I found this amusing, but YMMV

Graffiti village name change plan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7338151.stm

If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.
    "Chanlunttho" ?

Hmm, might work, although it would be more suitable for a village in Wales or maybe Cornwall.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, and it would cause all sorts of problems with online regsitration for stuff.
    You would end up living in ****.
    Yeah, like all them people who live in S****horpe

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I think it's a good idea. Just change the L to a C officially and there will be no need for graffiti in the first place. I think that the town would become much more popular too
    Yes, and it would cause all sorts of problems with online regsitration for stuff.
    You would end up living in ****.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    sas has the same problem
    You mean that he's a "lunt" ?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    sas has the same problem

Leave a comment:

Working...