• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You all Expected this Thread"

Collapse

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Liverpool = 1-trick (CL) pony
    1 Trick (CL) Pony only 5 times the most successful club in English history. Some teams find it hard to accept.

Arsenal do play nice looking football but sometimes quick one two's don't score points. Both sides had their equal share of the ball through out the game but as soon as Rafa changed the formation back to the prefered Priemer league one Ryan B was away.

I do like the pop shot as the whistle was about to blown even almost went in as well.

As soon as Arse scored the second goal they seem to relax and they got caught doing it.

Enough said

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    How many of you people consider yourself yourselfto be real football fans?
    yourself to

I would

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    His Royal Butchness speaks. Bow before his superior manliness. Gawp at his myspace profile photo in awe. Behold his Sunday football goal in wonder. All chavs unite, kneel before your king.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    His Royal Butchness speaks. Bow before his superior manliness. Gawp at his myspace profile photo in awe. Behold his Sunday football goal in wonder. All chavs unite, kneel before your king.

What a strange reaction to my question, are you feeling well love? Do you consider all football fans 'chavs'.....

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
    L'Arse should be very pleased with the progress they've made.
    They do seem to be under-performers in europe. They don't even seem to get to the semis very often, can't remember the last time off the top of my head.

Chelski are barely any better, always come unstuck against Liverpool.

Then again Liverpool in the Champions League after always scraping through in fourth spot is also a tad funny.

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    L'Arse should be very pleased with the progress they've made.

Considering they went out of the CC losing 5-1, and the FA losing 4-0, avoiding a 4 goal margin of defeat is certainly no disgrace.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    It's always better playing with an extra man - even better if that's the referee.
    If any of you thought that were a penalty, then you need to go to Specsavers and take that ref with you.
    Arsenal dominated the 1st and 2nd leg of the tie and deserved better.
    Let's see if you are still gloating after the Chelsea game. Don't forget (unlike the other 2 times), the return leg is AWAY.

It was a great game and that was definitely a penalty. Arsenal play nice football, but have a very poor defence and also have this horrible habit of shirt-pulling(Fabregas tried to pull Babel down just before Babel scored) and Liverpool play winning football. Torres is just phenomenal and as a neutral I think he will win the cup for Liverpool.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

Saw parts of the game on the big screen at the Porterhouse - amazing stuff, if every game was like that I would be a football fan!
    Most Liverpool matches in Europe ARE like that.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    what annoys me is this :
    1st leg Arsenal score from set piece and all people talk about it zonal marking is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    2nd leg Liverpool score and there wasn't much of a mention about how man/man marking can fail.

Both systems have faults if executed wrong

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    It's always better playing with an extra man - even better if that's the referee.
    If any of you thought that were a penalty, then you need to go to Specsavers and take that ref with you.
    Let's see if you are still gloating after the Chelsea game. Don't forget (unlike the other 2 times), the return leg is AWAY.
    I know I'm slightly blinkered but it was a pen, Babel was getting mounted

Arsenal did dominate the first 25 mins of the first half then the equaliser and they went flat.
    2nd half liverpool dominated for 20 mins, then both team tired and it was touch and go.

Its not too bad being a 1 trick pony in the CL, 3 semi's in 4 year isn't bad.

Liverpool have won tricky 2nd legs away before and will do it again.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Arsenal fan huh. Am surprised you and Wenger even saw the penalty incident
    Last edited by oracleslave; 9 April 2008, 09:34. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post

That's what impression you get when flicking between channels.

Arsenal threw it away. Totally dominated the first half, their one touch passing was sublime. Then when Walcott did that amazing run to supply the equaliser/winner I thought that was it. Then Liverpool get a dodgy penalty, and then a lucky break when Arsenal were putting on the pressure.

You may think I'm an Arsenal fan, but I will always favour Liverpool over them (at least they field some english players, which Arsenal had none until Walcott came on), just shows how much a bit of luck can win a game.
    They dominated 20 mins of the first half when they were going at it hell for leather - then Liverpool scored (Senderos had a shocker) and the wind definitely went out of their sails. Only when Van Persie and Walcott came on did they seem to get dominant again (maybe a wee bit before that when the pace slowed down).

Penalty was a penalty, fair and square - best team is had to say. Arsenal play the prettiest football but they don't do a lot with it a lot of the time. I think over the piece Liverpool deserved it - they fought harder and got the result they were after.

Wenger needs to wind up the season and take a look at some of his principles vis-a-vis going out and buying a handful of players to give them a squad capable of challenging rather than a really good 1st 11.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Kept switching back while watching CSI - the parts that I saw were tremendous!!!

Best team definitely won and I'm looking forward to getting to the final.

That's what impression you get when flicking between channels.

Arsenal threw it away. Totally dominated the first half, their one touch passing was sublime. Then when Walcott did that amazing run to supply the equaliser/winner I thought that was it. Then Liverpool get a dodgy penalty, and then a lucky break when Arsenal were putting on the pressure.

You may think I'm an Arsenal fan, but I will always favour Liverpool over them (at least they field some english players, which Arsenal had none until Walcott came on), just shows how much a bit of luck can win a game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X