• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SE Asia (Thailand) question"

Collapse

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I stayed on Ko Samui - on not exactly off the beaten track but it was nice. Stayed at Al's resort - not 5 star by any means but comfy and clean and right on the beach - plus there were a lot of couples with babies - hotel was great with kids - the staff used to entertain kiddies while parents were eating and stuff...
    Yep, I agree, Thailand holds no fears for a young family. Maybe SNAW is going tourist this time after all .

Reckon Thailand is as safe as you're going to get - If you avoid other Westerners

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    As long as they don't sit in Business Class I don't mind.

Nothing worse than screaming kids on planes.
    Aren't you supposed to help the families in business class inbetween serving drinks

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post

Uh huh - people tend to do that because its the best place to be when they're that age.

Mmmmm. Stifling heat with a 6 month old cholicy baby screaming the place down and smelling of tulip. Plenty of time for beer there
    As long as they don't sit in Business Class I don't mind.

Nothing worse than screaming kids on planes.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I stayed on Ko Samui - on not exactly off the beaten track but it was nice. Stayed at Al's resort - not 5 star by any means but comfy and clean and right on the beach - plus there were a lot of couples with babies - hotel was great with kids - the staff used to entertain kiddies while parents were eating and stuff...

Leave a comment:

• youwhut
    replied
    I absolutely loved Butterfly Bungalows at Laem Thian on Koh Tao. When arriving on the boat at Koh Tao, get one of the shop owners to give the bird at the bungalows a buzz. It's on the other side of the island, and she picks guests up in her four wheel drive. The drive over is an experience to say the least.

This place has its own private beach with plenty of good snorkelling. Lots of pretty fishes and small sharks. The accommodation is a bamboo hut with a mosquito net. I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen at this place - in my hut! The mosquito net was secured under the mattress after the sighting!!

Possibly a bit much for taking small children but definitely worth considering.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Better not have any kids then, or you won't be leaving the house (Or country) for a few years.

Uh huh - people tend to do that because its the best place to be when they're that age.

Mmmmm. Stifling heat with a 6 month old cholicy baby screaming the place down and smelling of tulip. Plenty of time for beer there

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Yes, I fully intend to leave my 2 year old daughter with any old bloke she meets on the beach while I bugger off somewhere else with the rest of my family ...
    Good on you - that's what we need these days, more liberal parents.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Funny - that's (more-or-less) what that Goa 'traveller' ''mother'' said.
    Yes, I fully intend to leave my 2 year old daughter with any old bloke she meets on the beach while I bugger off somewhere else with the rest of my family ...

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Another one

Funny - that's (more-or-less) what that Goa 'traveller' ''mother'' said.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
    Going on holiday with a 6 month old child sounds like my idea of hell.
    Better not have any kids then, or you won't be leaving the house (Or country) for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Guess I should be clearer (And know better). We can rough it easily with kids, we've done it already - we don't need 5 star hotels, air con and a swimming pool. And I'm not after trekking - done more than enough of that, just a beach, a hut or bungalow with a fan and somewhere that sells cold beers.

Kids don't stop you, they just change things slightly and having them doesn't have to stop you trying to discover places slightly off the beaten track. You can keep visiting your resorts, I'll pass - not my bag. Though we're visiting Singapore on the way back for a few days.
    Hmmmmmm. the great "traveller" (with his woman and screaming kids).
    Going on holiday with a 6 month old child sounds like my idea of hell.
    Ah well, you can always leave your kids in a room while you go out - Maddie style.
    Even better, you go out, enjoy a beer while wifey stays indoors to deal with the "no sleep and tulip changing".
    You're a regular hero

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Not needled at all, in fact I am in a very good mood....winding up pompous self important Scots is fun!

It was on a different thread? Wow .. you are so observant!
    You can believe whatever floats your boat sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Umm, the sheep jibe was on a different thread. And in response to you having a go at someone else for saying their wife was due to give birth today.

That what got you so needled?

You're sadder than I thought, which is an accomplishment.

Not needled at all, in fact I am in a very good mood....winding up pompous self important Scots is fun!

It was on a different thread? Wow .. you are so observant!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Oh dear..... notice how your thread went to the crap and you got so defensive whilst your jibe about me breeding with a sheep has slipped away down the page and goooone? without a response from me?

Learn the lesson son.

Umm, the sheep jibe was on a different thread. And in response to you having a go at someone else for saying their wife was due to give birth today.

That what got you so needled?

You're sadder than I thought, which is an accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Possibly for trying to engage a moron in semi serious conversation. Should really know better than to get involved with this months village idiot.
    Oh dear..... notice how your thread went to the crap and you got so defensive whilst your jibe about me breeding with a sheep has slipped away down the page and goooone? without a response from me?

Learn the lesson son.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X