• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shock breaking news"

Collapse

• daviejones
    replied
    You mean she is dead??? Whe TF did that happen? Oh Dear (TM)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Where

its a fair cop

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    hey, I tell the jokes around here

Where

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Car seats should face the other way, so there's no need for a seatbelt.

And if you're wondering, people can always drive in reverse if they want to see where they're going.
    hey, I tell the jokes around here

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    A friend of mine always wears one of those big neck things when he drives, you know the big polo whiplash things. On the principle that if they help with whiplash they are probably preventative also.
    looks a right narner he does
    Car seats should face the other way, so there's no need for a seatbelt.

And if you're wondering, people can always drive in reverse if they want to see where they're going.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    A friend of mine always wears one of those big neck things when he drives, you know the big polo whiplash things. On the principle that if they help with whiplash they are probably preventative also.

Seen quite a few racing drivers use them, so may not be as dumb as he looks!

Of course, he'll not be able to put in a lovely big claim for personal injury damages quite so easily, which I though was one of the few perks of being rear-ended.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There would have to be an upward component of force to launch you upward. If occupants were launched into their seats, factalities would be rare, though whiplash is something to be avoided

Re seatbelts, true, the reasoning being that the car body acts as the bungie while you are held still in the body of the car, rather than for example decerating rapidly when forehead meets dashboard. This system works well as long as the car doesn't stop too fast. Still, it's a moot point for Diana since she wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Because they'd like the seatbelt to restrain you rather than launching you back out through the rear window...
    There would have to be an upward component of force to launch you upward. If occupants were launched into their seats, factalities would be rare, though whiplash is something to be avoided

Re seatbelts, true, the reasoning being that the car body acts as the bungie while you are held still in the body of the car, rather than for example decerating rapidly when forehead meets dashboard. This system works well as long as the car doesn't stop too fast. Still, it's a moot point for Diana since she wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Quite obviously he was in the pay of Phil the Greek. no other possible explanation.
    You are a mad Egyptian grocer and I claim my £5 Harrods voucher

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I wonder why they don't make seat belts out of bungie cord so that the accelerations (and other derivatives of position) are less?

With it being a Merc, you'd think there would be airbags on the back of the front seats, especially in these limo class saloons where the rear passengers are less likely to want to wear seat belts.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    If you're going to be pedantic then actually she was killed by her organs rupturing by massive trauma to the body caused by a high impact collision with a leather clad metal frame.
    I wonder why they don't make seat belts out of bungie cord so that the accelerations (and other derivatives of position) are less?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Solved!

Excellent work Colombo

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Is it not obvious that the body guard must have done it. After all he's the only one who survived - obvious conclusion right.

Before the car began it's journey, the J. Paul deliberately, but mildly intoxicated by alchol and other substances. The paparazi had been infiltrated by other elements that would follow with fast aggressive tactics. J. Paul was goaded to go faster....

So here's what happened. Shortly before the crash, he (bodyguard) put on his belt, then took out the driver with a blow to the neck (he was trained in the martial arts) , then took control of the speeding car, crashing it into a pillar to cause maximum damage. He was injured, but survived and faked memory loss. Why did this happen - we may never know.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The costs of this extra investigation should have been charged on Al Faed - he is very wealthy and it was him who demanded this investigation in the first place, it should have been a pre-requisite condition that he foots the bill if his whacky theory is incorrect. Frankly I am amazed that this did not happen. Fulham is going down too, which is nice.
    You are BBC MI6 - you bloody idiot with your crocodile wife.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    The bodyguard survived. He was the only one in the car to wear a seat belt. (Bodyguards usually don't wear them).
    Quite obviously he was in the pay of Phil the Greek. no other possible explanation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X