• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House prices > Rent = Price fall"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I assumed people already did.
    There's a lot of background noise in these parts. It got drowned out.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    You get judged on what you post, and strangely most people don't have a hotline into what your really thinking every time you post.

Or should we just take everything you say as complete bollocks and leave it at that?
    I assumed people already did.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    There will not be a housing crash. Interest rate cuts are now on the cards starting with a .25 per cent cut tomorrow......... a cut of .5% is even being predicted!!

Business bankruptcies were up 8.5% in the first quarter of 2008 so the authorities are well aware that we need a major boost to the economy. The resident house-price doommonger Atw is going to be very disappointed over the next few months as interest rates fall rapidly and liquidity improves as the Bank of England relaxes the purse-strings by lending to the banks against equity.

The result will be only a minor stagnation in house prices over the next few months, and absolutely nothing like a 50% collapse.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people bite and actually take me seriously.
    You get judged on what you post, and strangely most people don't have a hotline into what your really thinking every time you post.

Or should we just take everything you say as complete bollocks and leave it at that?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Mortaged to Let (MTL)
    MY apologies

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how many pompous, obviously ill-educated cnuts populate this board.

What a nob.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people bite and actually take me seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    There will not be a housing crash. Interest rate cuts are now on the cards starting with a .25 per cent cut tomorrow......... a cut of .5% is even being predicted!!

Business bankruptcies were up 8.5% in the first quarter of 2008 so the authorities are well aware that we need a major boost to the economy. The resident house-price doommonger Atw is going to be very disappointed over the next few months as interest rates fall rapidly and liquidity improves as the Bank of England relaxes the purse-strings by lending to the banks against equity.

The result will be only a minor stagnation in house prices over the next few months, and absolutely nothing like a 50% collapse.

Leave a comment:

• 51st State
    replied
    What if the years when the prices fall they do so at over 3x the rate they rise in the years they rise

Exactly.

A lot of people have made a lot of money from BTL. I haven't. However I absolutely refuse to cry any ****er with a house a river. One of the reasons I didn't buy a house was that I don't believe in paying anything to get on the housing "ladder". These silly ****ers that paid £250k for a new build flat becuase they "had to" are as much to blame as crazy BTL people thinking that they can make millions without risk. Ever.

Roll on the crash.

At the moment my favourite sport is viewing houses and commenting that its probably worth about £20k less than its on the market for. I like watching the owners faces.

It makes it even better when they are a David Wilson couple. Both young, newly weds, both "professionals" (aka tulip permies who think they have a career) thinking about having kids realising that there home is going down the tubes.

I give bonus points if they have a golden retriever running around.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many pompous, obviously ill-educated cnuts populate this board.

What a nob.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    What if the years when the prices fall they do so at over 3x the rate they rise in the years they rise

Exactly.

A lot of people have made a lot of money from BTL. I haven't. However I absolutely refuse to cry any ****er with a house a river. One of the reasons I didn't buy a house was that I don't believe in paying anything to get on the housing "ladder". These silly ****ers that paid £250k for a new build flat becuase they "had to" are as much to blame as crazy BTL people thinking that they can make millions without risk. Ever.

Roll on the crash.

At the moment my favourite sport is viewing houses and commenting that its probably worth about £20k less than its on the market for. I like watching the owners faces.

It makes it even better when they are a David Wilson couple. Both young, newly weds, both "professionals" (aka tulip permies who think they have a career) thinking about having kids realising that there home is going down the tubes.

Mortaged to Let (MTL)

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Over 25 years and after you have paid off your mortgage, house price rises and falls are a moot point. Years in which prices rise outnumber years in which they fall by about 3-1 (at a very conservative estimate).
    HTH

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I've just been wandering around the local estate agents, Looking for a couple of cheap houses to buy, Phone is ringing off the hook with people wanting to rent.

Prices are dropping, nearly 30% of the houses on offer have price reduced labels.
    In the past week, houses in the £150,000-£175,000 range have dropped an average of £5,000. Houses in the £175,000-£200,000 have dropped an average of £7,000.
    Soon be plenty of cheap properties to buy, so I will wait til it hits bottom
    Exactly.

Roll on the crash.

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    One good thing is that those scammy "seminars" on get rich quick (via BTL) sold for like £2-3k per place would probably stop - a lot of stupid people have already paid the money for those though.
    My ex-gfs brother and mother paid to go on one of these. Several k for two places.

Basically the parents are well off and they wanted to set the eldest son up with a decent career. He has a degree in sports science and is working as a personal trainer. An honest living but not making the big bucks. So he was going to be a landlord.

He bought his first place in summer 2007 which is looking at being the absolute peak of a bubble.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    wrong again, no good points I'm 100% cretin.
    100% consistent then. That's good

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What is wealth anyway?
    It's something that is perceived or actually absolutely necessary that others don't have.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    pensions or the welfare state?

what are the odds on us being able to claim either?

Probably non-existant.

At least we've global warming to look forward to. Sleeping on a park bench won't be nearly so bad when it's 80 degrees all year round.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yep, enjoy it whilst you're young and fit enough. No point saving for a rainy day when that's all we ever have.

We can always fall-back on our pensions when we get too old to work.
    pensions or the welfare state?

what are the odds on us being able to claim either?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    all (if kids involved)

of course the ex gets half/all of whatever you have - presumably you mean spend the money instead?

Yep, enjoy it whilst you're young and fit enough. No point saving for a rainy day when that's all we ever have.

We can always fall-back on our pensions when we get too old to work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X