• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Global Warming - Information Request"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Burn more oil & coal, you know it makes sense...
    Indeed it does. Pollution when it was at it's worst during the industrial revolution is still probably less than some other countries at the moment. Notably China and USA.

So why should we freeze our brass monkeys? Compared to the big polluters we only contribute a squirrel's fart.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Duh! Haven't you ever seen The Day After Tomorrow?

I saw a documentary last year that predicted a scenario similar to that movie, where the UK could be plunged into the ice age. All due to the potential climate changes affecting the atlantic heat conveyor (as others have mentioned), which if it stops we're in for a massive climate change in the UK.

There's also a bunch of scientists predicting global cooling, which seems a lot more likely at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    So what convenient excuse willl the global warmists come up with now aye?

Their fancy shmansy weather models didnt predict the temp drop off did they? Oh no, they didnt!

So I guess now they will just have to fall back on that good old "global weather change" comfy blanket as their explanation for weather and temps that arent what they were predicting are!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...106.xml&page=1

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Or the cocksocket who buys a car running microsoft software.

"It looks like you're trying to do an emergency stop. Would you like to deploy air bags?"

FPMSL

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    Or the cocksockets that wrote the software for the ECU in my broken fiat 500
    Or the cocksocket who buys a car running microsoft software.

"It looks like you're trying to do an emergency stop. Would you like to deploy air bags?"

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Is it controlled by the same software as the bagage system at Terminal 5?
    Or the cocksockets that wrote the software for the ECU in my broken fiat 500

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Lovely, sunny and steaming hot here today in Denmark. I even got the lawn mower out to cut the grass, but that was more to do with being the first one cutting their grass this year.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Central London, this morning and it's snowing! Can the GW Experts explain this one please.
    Duh! Haven't you ever seen The Day After Tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    It's been snowing on and off since last night here (S Wales). Hasn't settled though.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    UK has got abnormally mild climate - if Golfstream shuts down then winters will be very very cold, I reckon -25C will be average, but it will feel colder because of moisture.
    Atlantic heat conveyor

Ex bird at uni was an oceanographer...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Yep, Microsoft controls the oceans...we're all dooooomed!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    I remember hearing about some escalator in the Atlantic ocean that carries the hot water from Mexico to Europe. They said that if this breaks down we could have snow for months on end.
    UK has got abnormally mild climate - if Golfstream shuts down then winters will be very very cold, I reckon -25C will be average, but it will feel colder because of moisture.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I remember hearing about some escalator in the Atlantic ocean that carries the hot water from Mexico to Europe. They said that if this breaks down we could have snow for months on end.

Maybe that's down for maintanence today?

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It shows that the huge taxes on 4x4's in Chelsea are working!

If we wasn't for this tax take, it would have been 27 deg c today.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X