• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That Shaiza asian girl from the Apprentice .."

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    This is the guy that the bookies have made 'the favourite'. Michael (his name) was at 5/1, followed by Raef at 6/1.
    Might put money on that. The bloke is a sheep. No way he'll win...

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Dancing queen

This is the guy that the bookies have made 'the favourite'. Michael (his name) was at 5/1, followed by Raef at 6/1.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I thought the ex-squaddie (Simon) did well, but I'm not sure he'll cut the mustard when it comes down to leading the team.

Other than that, that short fella who is obviously in love with Raef and dances like a girl should be shot in the head and removed from the program.

And, oh yeah, the PM should have gone...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    This is why, excepting tonight, I don't watch programs like The Apprentice, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity....

They are the worst possible form of entertainment : Reality TV based around the suffering and conflict of others, served up to titillate people who find other's suffering an enjoyable pasttime.

It's all conflict, back-biting and deviousness. Values we are taught to loathe and despise. So why are these values glamourised ?

I'd say it's the same as watching rooster fighting, badger baiting, etc.

Can't they do a "nice" version of "The Apprentice" ?
    I totally agree - and I don't watch it at all (the actual prog). However I can't resist an occasional watch of the "you're fired" follow up, as it's nicer, you don't have to sit through all the dross of the actual prog, and you get a summary of what happened. It is interesting to see people who, for example think they are "the best saleswoman in Europe" parading themselves on telly.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    £ 50

Was it for 1 or 2 shirts though? Somehow I think Sugar wouldn't spend more than £ 25 for one.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    she lost 1 client's shirt and then got fined 50 quid for it ..
    i know, what a cheek, my shirts are worth far more than that, got off lightly i reckon

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Not true. Sugar fired 2 in one week last series because he thought they were both rubbish.
    He's not going to do that this early in the series though!

Donald Trump ruled one week that they were so bad that neither team won, but still only fired one contestant.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    When Martha Stewart did the American one, she ended the first episode by saying "it's not that you failed, you just didn't succeed enough".

People don't want that from the programme, though - they want some obnoxious bloke shouting "You're FIRED!!!" at someone. Sralan is no Donald, though - why has the BBC stopped showing the American series??

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He's a smarmy f*cker who's going to get fired when they get down to the last 4 or 5.

He was rubbish last week (and got away since they can only fire one person per week), but really did well this week. I've got no feeling on who will win it yet, but Raef won't win.
    Not true. Sugar fired 2 in one week last series because he thought they were both rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    She cleaned up nicely on the Your're Fired on BBC2.

Must say I was mystified why she got fired - she did show the other numpties her labelling system. It was stupid to head back to house to get the irons - but then obviously the Project Manager should have stopped it.

There really were some cruel things said in the car footage. yowza! And this is the best sales person in europe...who babbled on about supplier cost etc.. and then felt charging a hotel £5 for each item was okay! ha ha ha

The project man. really should have gone. But then the entertainment values down the line would be gone. And somehow I think that influences Allen's decisions these days...

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    I lump this programme in with Dragons' Den under the "too facile for words" category. I realise it's just TV opera, but I get really annoyed when they maintain the pretence that the best people/business ideas got through...

I guess I'm in essence annoyed that they undoubtedly turn down much better candidates/business proposals in the auditions in favour of some of the freaks that actually assail our screens.

[Note : it's amazing how grumpy lack of sleep is making me ]

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Board Game Geek, I bet you've had some harsh words exchanged in your guild when you wiped on a boss in World of Warcraft.

The Apprentice is just a reflection of life.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I did catch a glimpse of this television program tonight and was quite shocked.

It was clear to me that the Project Manager was completely useless right from the start with her 1hr+ meeting on how they were going to achieve their goals, blah blah blah.

Then during the show, she seemed to lock her sights on Lucinda as the l'enfant terrible and continue to victimise her right up to the end.

I'd have sacked the Project Manager, who clearly was antagonisitic and desperately trying to cover up her mistakes by drawing attention to the other 2 ladies.

However, as Mrs BGG and I surmised, the only reason to keep the PM and Lucinda on was that the TV show are expecting more sparks to fly in later episodes.

This is why, excepting tonight, I don't watch programs like The Apprentice, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity....

They are the worst possible form of entertainment : Reality TV based around the suffering and conflict of others, served up to titillate people who find other's suffering an enjoyable pasttime.

It's all conflict, back-biting and deviousness. Values we are taught to loathe and despise. So why are these values glamourised ?

I'd say it's the same as watching rooster fighting, badger baiting, etc.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I can earn a lot more at XXXXX and learn more too".
    Yes! and post about in CUK without any hassle!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    I'm hoping that in the last episode, when Sir Alan does his "YOU'RE HIRED" routine, the lucky guy/gurl turns round and says "No, thank you. I can earn a lot more at XXXXX and learn more too".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X