• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you thought his Lucy in the Sky..."

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    A# on the stylophone, is one of the things I blame for the pap that passes for modern pop music.

Well, I mostly blame the derth of decent music education in schools, but that 'instrument' played it's part too.
    dearth

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    or Stylophone?
    A# on the stylophone, is one of the things I blame for the pap that passes for modern pop music.

Well, I mostly blame the derth of decent music education in schools, but that 'instrument' played it's part too.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Has Rolf Harris ever done anything good? His 'Can you tell what it is yet' painting was OK I guess, but the rest of his work has been what you can only describe as Sh!t - or slightly better than what I produce.
    Credit where it's due; his recent portrait of the queen was good, and far, far better than anything I could produce.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Has Rolf Harris ever done anything good? His 'Can you tell what it is yet' painting was OK I guess, but the rest of his work has been what you can only describe as Sh!t - or slightly better than what I produce.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    or Stylophone?
    You can still buy them, so we may see a resurgence.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    I often wondered about that version. When Led Zep did the original loads of people say it inspired them to pick up the guitar. How many kids do you see playing the wobble board (or cardboard)
    or Stylophone?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    At least Rolfs' "Stairway to Heaven" was tongue-in-cheek, I got the impression those two were doing it for real.
    I often wondered about that version. When Led Zep did the original loads of people say it inspired them to pick up the guitar. How many kids do you see playing the wobble board (or cardboard)

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    At least Rolfs' "Stairway to Heaven" was tongue-in-cheek, I got the impression those two were doing it for real.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Good grief, even the key changes are dire...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Chunder!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Cringeworth indeed, but mesmerisingly entertaining in a masochistic sort of way. Even though I was appalled I had to keep watching.

Did you see Leonard Nimoys' "Bilbo Baggins"?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04 that really is rubbish!

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Cringeworth indeed, but mesmerisingly entertaining in a masochistic sort of way. Even though I was appalled I had to keep watching.

Only from the side and I didn't enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    with Diamonds was bad,

You just should have seen the "Rocket Man" rendition last night on BBC4...

The War Criminal's avatar is a really multitalented guy, but I suggest he doesn't give up the day job...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I kept hoping someone would beam him up

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    How dare you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eISBTBwWKeE

Comon people like you!

Leave a comment:

Working...