• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What it means to be British"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Hands held up high, seems a bit off topic for the unaware poster, LB and I have a loosely coupled cuisine connection...sorry

http://www.dairyscience.info/map-science.asp
    Last edited by hyperD; 1 April 2008, 16:16.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I like your style LB!

'Tis the season to be growing your own herbs now! I got a bumper pack of Sutton seeds - cheaper than the MAP stuff you get from supermarkets

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    About the only thing they can do at the moment is choose where the insurance company are going to put them up while the loss adjusters get to work. I would suggest a nice villa in Portugal would suffice. Probably be cheaper for the insurers as well.
    I like your style LB!

'Tis the season to be growing your own herbs now! I got a bumper pack of Sutton seeds - cheaper than the MAP stuff you get from supermarkets
    Last edited by hyperD; 1 April 2008, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    This guy is a star!
    Just out of interest, check out the 'don't miss' section down the right hand side of that webpage.

Who says culture has been dumbed down?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Unfortunately , women set a lot of store in 'being there for them', so logic and common sense have no place here.
    I also predict a divorce or possibly some golf clubs with a head-shaped dint in them.
    Isn't that a head with a golfclub shaped dint in it?

Marvellous attitude the guy shows though...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Hi there,

not bad thanks. We have almost reached an agreement of partial work from home so that I can commute from the italian part 2-3 days a week. Mrs likes CH. If you are a hypochondriac the hospital system here welcomes you with open arms. It almost had become part of the daily shopping routine for her. Check this jacket, that skirt and actually let me stop over to the doctor and see what they think of this... at all at quite reasonable prices with the insurance systems. In London they would have beaten you up with a stestoscope unless they believed that your life was so in danger that you had to call a doctor.
    Sounds like everybody's happy then! I'm pleased to hear it. No hankerings for the good life in SW19? So would she be actually pleased if they found something wrong with her? My mate's mother was like that. Pestering the doctor every week for years with imagined complaints and then was delighted when they told her she had (treatable) cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Exactly.

His wife is with her sons. The house is and probably will remain sealed off.

Why ruin a holiday just to sit around wondering what you are going to do.

I mean is there anything that you can really do?
    Yeh! but he did nothing, with style

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Hello, Franco, my friend. Still larging it up en Suisse? How is Mrs Franco adjusting to the move?
    Hi there,

not bad thanks. We have almost reached an agreement of partial work from home so that I can commute from the italian part 2-3 days a week. Mrs likes CH. If you are a hypochondriac the hospital system here welcomes you with open arms. It almost had become part of the daily shopping routine for her. Check this jacket, that skirt and actually let me stop over to the doctor and see what they think of this... at all at quite reasonable prices with the insurance systems. In London they would have beaten you up with a stestoscope unless they believed that your life was so in danger that you had to call a doctor.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Unfortunately , women set a lot of store in 'being there for them', so logic and common sense have no place here.
    I also predict a divorce or possibly some golf clubs with a head-shaped dint in them.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    With access to a nice golf course?
    That would be pure coincidence of course, but a nice bonus nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    About the only thing they can do at the moment is choose where the insurance company are going to put them up while the loss adjusters get to work. I would suggest a nice villa in Portugal would suffice. Probably be cheaper for the insurers as well.
    With access to a nice golf course?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Well, there's not much he can do after all. You can phone the insurance company just as well from a Portuguese golf course as you can from a B&B around the corner from the smoldering remains of your house.
    Exactly.

His wife is with her sons. The house is and probably will remain sealed off.

Why ruin a holiday just to sit around wondering what you are going to do.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Threaded could have gone back in time and build his own emergency landing lane before this would have happened.
    Hello, Franco, my friend. Still larging it up en Suisse? How is Mrs Franco adjusting to the move?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Threaded could have gone back in time and build his own emergency landing lane before this would have happened.
    Ah, but if I did that then there would have been a reduction in the research funding to find how to prevent faults in complex systems, and man would never have reached the stars/invented time travel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X