• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The sign of things to come"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    ermmmm no... otherwise we would not have been made in his "image". To reason, love, etc like he does.
    If god loves us why does he want to test us?

Why, if he loves us, are the consequences of said test so dire for those who fail?

Why is the test so different yet the reward/punishment exactly the same?

Why do you personally accept the bible as gods word when a number of religious books claim to be the one true way? Have you met god or something?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    ermmmm no... otherwise we would not have been made in his "image". To reason, love, etc like he does.
    Chico, please, just FUCK OFF and DIE!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Quite simply to have a relationship with us. Someone to give and share love with

So, a bit like a pet then really?

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Quite simply to have a relationship with us. Someone to give and share love with

So, a bit like a pet then really?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Chico, check your mail.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    John

just got off a train - so forgive my brevity.

I trust you are referring to Jesus' ministry or did you mean why God created man?

What I meant was what do you think God's purpose was for Man after his creation

John

Quite simply to have a relationship with us. Someone to give and share love with. I recommend you read this book Cafe Theology

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    John

I trust you are referring to Jesus' ministry or did you mean why God created man?

What I meant was what do you think God's purpose was for Man after his creation

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Chico, I have seen the light. Would you like some man love?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    John

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Chico, this may seem an odd question but what do you consider to be God's purpose on Earth? Surely a supreme being has the wherewithall to stop the attrocities that man commits? If he has the ability then why not the desire? Was it just a case of - here is your world now get on with it?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    imagine a world where is no rape, paedophilia, were marriage is sacred children are brought up in a loving environment with two parents lovingly committed to each other - just imagine what sort of healthy and balanced society we have.
    Chico - we're actually singing from the same hymn sheet (if I may use an expression from the corporate bullsh1t bingo card) when it comes down to our beliefs in how a society should behave in order to avoid destruction.

However, where you and I differ, is in free thought. You are bound by a contradictory, idealistic text whose meaning has been distorted over many years of translation and yet all you card carrying members pull out quotes to justify your interpretations.

You yourself in your own public demonstration of contradictory behaviour that has been shaped by your futile lack of understanding of something written by man: "christians are all loving - kill the terrorists". We come in peace, shoot to kill etc.

The adultary, remarrying scenarios are ludicrous and idealistic. Your vision for this world is admirable but niave and idealistic.

You and I are probably striving for the same things in life.

The difference is, I don't act like an arrogant fool with delusions of grandeur because I'm a card carrying christian member. Your self-righteousness, arrogant and self-superior attitude is born from a smug feeling of "I know something that you don't".

I've seen it in alot of born-agains.

However, I've not seen that attitude being sanctioned in your text that you study so much.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Lucifer as ever your contribution is always welcome.
    Thank you so much, that is so generous of you.

Have you always been a complete arse or did this character trait only surface after the alpha course?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Thats the greatest lie - Jesus lives and if you want proof Spod -ask him.

What's his address? The Jews want to finish the job.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
    Not sure I like this bit.
    My wife was previously married. Her husband beat her regularly deprived her of contact with friends and family and threw her out on the street with nothing.

I met her. She is the light in my life, she is the heart and soul of everything that I am. I love her.
    In me she finds the love and security that she has a right to.

Why then does your religion say we must not marry? Fook you, we did anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Lucifer as ever your contribution is always welcome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X