• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: thats a bit harsh

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "thats a bit harsh"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I know that knocking on doors is part of an MP's job.

BUT, he's never bothered with mine before. Why now?
    Are you an eastern european?

Labour MPs are certainly fearing bloodbath in the next elections and I hope it will happen - so they are probably starting early.

Or maybe Brown is going to announce general election in May, not sure if he is allowed to do it with such a short notice?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Eastern Europeans won't vote.

I don't think the Labour reached bottom yet because the financial crisis in only starting to have effect.
    I know that knocking on doors is part of an MP's job.

BUT, he's never bothered with mine before. Why now?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Eastern Europeans won't vote.

I don't think the Labour reached bottom yet because the financial crisis in only starting to have effect.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I'd expect Labour to start panicing soon - probably right after local elections when I hope they will get whacked - I am going to vote myself.

"Their confidence in the economy - the "feel-good factor" - has dropped to its lowest level recorded.

"Essex man", the typical family voter seen as the key to election success, in particular appears to be deserting Labour.

Increasing anxiety has left Labour trailing the Conservatives by 14 points. Some 43 per cent of people plan to vote Tory compared with 29 per cent for Labour. Seventeen per cent would vote Liberal Democrat. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...8/npoll128.xml

--------

Gordon Brown and Tony Blair (as well as other cabinet ministers) should be charged with treason by Her Majesty
    I suspect that they are getting jittery.

My local Labour MP (Jim Fitzpatrick) knocked on my door a couple of Saturday mornings ago, for the first time ever.

I wouldn't have thought that he would think he would get a good reception in the block that I live in, and from the tone of his voice it didn't sound like he was expecting to.

So, what prompted him to try?

Tower Hamlets was always a rock solid Labour area. The conservatives won the three local seats on the council at the last election, but that was only because George Galloway's Respect party split the labour vote.

It won't be the same next time and it will be mostly labour again. Or will it?

Which way are the Eastern Europeans most inclined to vote? That is a factor that has not been in play before.

East London has always been the part of London that immigrants settle first, before moving onwards and upwards. The eastern european presence has become more noticeable in the last year. My local off licence has started stocking Polish lager.

Maybe then, there is more for Labour to be worried about than we might think?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I vote.

I generally vote for some random party who won't get elected as you can't write none of the above on the ballot paper and have it count.
    Then you should spoil your ballot paper (which are counted), rather than vote for the village idiot, if that's the point you want to make.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    I wish there were more people like you Jog.

Unfortunately voter apathy (that includes many people on here) will ensure that New Liebour will win again next time, albeit with a very small majority.

7 more years to go.
    I vote.

I generally vote for some random party who won't get elected as you can't write none of the above on the ballot paper and have it count.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I can't wait to vote
    I wish there were more people like you Jog.

Unfortunately voter apathy (that includes many people on here) will ensure that New Liebour will win again next time, albeit with a very small majority.

7 more years to go.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They are vermin like rats and pigeons.
    Stop offending my cute fluffy squirrels!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You need to move on from hatred towards my cute furry friends

They are not cute.

They are vermin like rats and pigeons.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I've moved a few times since then.
    You need to move on from hatred towards my cute furry friends

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Maybe you should move to a Conversative stronghold - Chelsea or somewhat
    I've moved a few times since then.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I lived in Jack Straw's constituency a few years back. When it came time to vote I looked down at my voting paper and noticed there was not a Tory or Lib Dem candidate standing instead there were candidates from other random parties I never heard off.
    Maybe you should move to a Conversative stronghold - Chelsea or somewhat

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yes I understand that however a lot of people who voted for labour are turning away from them.

I lived in Jack Straw's constituency a few years back. When it came time to vote I looked down at my voting paper and noticed there was not a Tory or Lib Dem candidate standing instead there were candidates from other random parties I never heard off.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    ...there's a heck of a lot of people in this country who would vote for a donkey if it sported a red Labour rosette.
    There is a heck of a lot of people in this country vote Labour (or worse) because their ‘community leaders’, imams, husbands, fathers, or whoever tell them too.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Yes I understand that however a lot of people who voted for labour are turning away from them.
    And you understand that based upon what evidence exactly, old chap?

I really wish it were true, but there's a heck of a lot of people in this country who would vote for a donkey if it sported a red Labour rosette.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X