• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A man has been arrested for spreading malicious rumours"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    "He has suffered a serious mental breakdown in the past when he saw his meagre savings wiped out by the collapse of the rouble and the bankruptcy of his bank employer."

Interesting he says that.

In 1998 Russian banking system indeed collapsed due to default of scumbags in Govt, and then bank owners defaulted on investors money to rob them to make up for robbing of the Govt. One of those bankers moved to UK - his son recently bought and successfully proceeded to bankrupt TVR.

Before this collapse however our family took the view that things are going to go pearshaped and we withdrawn all our money from those banks and exchange them to hard currency - I certainly don't trust Russian banks ever since and certainly not Russian Govt.

But the point here is that we used our brains to forsee something other people did not want even to consider - at the time everyone thought things were going well even though macroeconomic indicators clearly were showing that it will hit the fan shortly. Same as now.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    True.

Harpooning is much more fun.

Trust me.

I'm an Alien.

So a harpoon is your weapon of choice then?...not an AK47?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A hairy-arsed bloke posing as a woman on a popular forum has been unmasked as a humourless drone in need of laughter infusion. "Bazza" the obese, hairy, short and bald truck driver had been posing for months as a svelte blond IT contractor.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A hairy-arsed bloke posing as a woman on a popular forum has been unmasked as a humourless drone in need of laughter infusion. "Bazza" the obese, hairy, short and bald truck driver had been posing for months as a svelte blond IT contractor.
    It's not funny to lampoon someone.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Sorry, just the mood I was in.
    I just don't think that it's funny to lampoon someone, however much you might dislike him.
    I'll phone my doctor later on to get a sense of humour implant.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Is it a true story then? I'm sorry I didn't realise!
    Sorry, just the mood I was in.
    I just don't think that it's funny to lampoon someone, however much you might dislike him.
    I'll phone my doctor later on to get a sense of humour implant.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He will be further assessed later today pending deportation back to his home country.
    Is it possible to block all ip addresses from a particular country?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Why not?

Is it a true story then? I'm sorry I didn't realise!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    A man is under arrest at the Financial Crime Unit of the City of London Police for spreading malicious rumours and causing a particular bank's shares to crash yesterday. He is believed to be of Russian origin who sought asylum in Britain to escape the Russian Authorities for a similar crime committed in his country. The City of London Police released a brief statement saying that they have referred him for medical tests as he is believed to be a fantasist and a consistent rumour-spreading scare-monger who amongst other things has said he 'invented' a 'revolutionary' search engine to rival Google and he also posts at several website forums where he suffers constant abuse by the other posters. He has suffered a serious mental breakdown in the past when he saw his meagre savings wiped out by the collapse of the rouble and the bankruptcy of his bank employer. As a result he hates anyone working in a bank and absolutely loathes investment banking. He will be further assessed later today pending deportation back to his home country.
    Not funny!

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    ...and he was found molesting squirrels in a Birmingham park.

Leave a comment:

• A man has been arrested for spreading malicious rumours

A man is under arrest at the Financial Crime Unit of the City of London Police for spreading malicious rumours and causing a particular bank's shares to crash yesterday. He is believed to be of Russian origin who sought asylum in Britain to escape the Russian Authorities for a similar crime committed in his country. The City of London Police released a brief statement saying that they have referred him for medical tests as he is believed to be a fantasist and a consistent rumour-spreading scare-monger who amongst other things has said he 'invented' a 'revolutionary' search engine to rival Google and he also posts at several website forums where he suffers constant abuse by the other posters. He has suffered a serious mental breakdown in the past when he saw his meagre savings wiped out by the collapse of the rouble and the bankruptcy of his bank employer. As a result he hates anyone working in a bank and absolutely loathes investment banking. He will be further assessed later today pending deportation back to his home country.

Working...
X