• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PLANS for the BIG weekend."

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I would guess yes, although some numpty might have called it a Mountain Terrain Bike at some point...
    More likely "Mount Tamalpais Bike", if you're going to try something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    That is the concusion I came to, but what is the "T" for?

MounTain Bike?

Is it a manufactured letter just to result in a TLA?
    I would guess yes, although some numpty might have called it a Mountain Terrain Bike at some point...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    How do you know he's not religious? or his wife isn't, or his family - or maybe he's just being hypocritical and wants them to go to a better school?

My daughter got baptised, I'm not religious - my wife very slightly is but her family have are very. Easy to jump to conclusions.
    So easy to wind you up, too.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Seems weird that you would want to have kids baptised if you aren't religious, a bit hypocritical.
    How do you know he's not religious? or his wife isn't, or his family - or maybe he's just being hypocritical and wants them to go to a better school?

My daughter got baptised, I'm not religious - my wife very slightly is but her family have are very. Easy to jump to conclusions.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I'm not religious, but how does someone saying he's having three kids baptised warrant an OMG response and being mildly offensive to someone who may be religious, but to my knowledge hasn't shoved it down anyones throat?

You're a class act 'Lucy'.
    Seems weird that you would want to have kids baptised if you aren't religious, a bit hypocritical.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    OMG are you some kind of evangelist?

A follower of jaysis?
    I'm not religious, but how does someone saying he's having three kids baptised warrant an OMG response and being mildly offensive to someone who may be religious, but to my knowledge hasn't shoved it down anyones throat?

You're a class act 'Lucy'.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am having all 3 children baptized - job lot.

50 guests coming.
    OMG are you some kind of evangelist?

A follower of jaysis?

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Mountain Bike, I think.
    That is the concusion I came to, but what is the "T" for?

MounTain Bike?

Is it a manufactured letter just to result in a TLA?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    What's an MTB ?
    Mountain Bike, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    1) I've a load of video editing to catch up on.

2) Seeing as I've just this morning ripped the rear mech off my oldest MTB racer, (I've been using it for winter duties,) that one is getting stripped and up onto eBay with whatever doesn't sell going to the rubbish dump. (Anyone want a titanium quick release? Slightly bent. Recon it'll go for a £5)

3) Being down a bike, I've a good excuse, and the time, to spec up this years tasty racer. Think I'll replace it with a hard tail and concentrate on MTB marathons this year, maybe use them Look VTT Fournales forks I keep meaning to put on something, and them Magura brakes I've got unopened in a box somewhere.

Hmm, looks like I've started the weekend already and in the wrong order there.
    What's an MTB ?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Don't be like that. Enjoy it. You'll miss her when she's gone.
    True

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Updating CV and looking on Jobserve.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I'm going home for the weekend

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    When I suggested to my missus that she would have to take a cab to hospital if I happened to be otherwise engaged when the day arrived I had to duck really quickly to avoid a roundhouse slap.

HTH.
    I imagine the response from my missus would be fairly similar. However, since we both do martial arts, I'd be expecting something more like a swift slap to the face as a distraction for the more painful snap kick to the old todger. Therefore, I will make sure to be wearing a cricket box on the off chance that I'm too pissed to avoid said slap or kick!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Top tip for you, prevent blisters by swapping hands every now and then.
    No this weekend. But I know what you are talking about

Leave a comment:

Working...
X