• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Health Check ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Health Check ?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I hope that's not a euphemism
    Nah! wifey hides the xmas choc biscuit selection, I finds the xmas choc biscuit selection. result

In the washing machine FFS

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Has anybody here had a health check recently? I must admit I am one of those people that ignores problems until they hit me in the face. I try to do exercise fairly regularly, play five-a-sides once a week(when not injured!!), and drink very moderately, but admittedly I succumb to kebabs, pizzas etc. occasionally.

As I had bad chest pains a couple of weeks back on successive days I decided to go to the doctors where I had a blood pressure check and blood test. I got the results of the blood test yesterday and it was a 'wake-up' call as far as I am concerned.

Cholesterol is 7.0...... normal should be between 3 and 5

Triglycerides are 3.8 ............ normal should be about 1.8

Blood Pressure was 160 over 110 and should be 120 over about 90

My weight was 15 stone but I have been on a self-induced diet for the past couple of weeks.

Anybody else due a wake-up call ?

With the above you MUST get a PSA test and Diabetes type 2 test.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Hiding the chocolate biscuits
    I hope that's not a euphemism

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have put on nearly 2 stone.

Wifey now has me on a diet as I have no self control and am not working due to the accident and therefore not burning off my usual excesses
    Hiding the chocolate biscuits does not constitute being on a diet.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    type faster man, faster, harder stronger
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It's the bionic Diver!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Whilst exercise will definitely help it sounds to me like you need a complete diet overhaul as well as some blood pressure and cholesterol medication. You are at risk of a stroke or worse imo.

Well, I have just done a six mile walk and joined my local fitness centre. The new lifestyle has begun...... I'm going to miss those pizzas and kebabs but I'd miss living a lot more!!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

Wifey now has me on a diet as I have no self control and am not working due to the accident and therefore not burning off my usual excesses
    type faster man, faster, harder stronger

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I had a BUPA one a couple of years ago. Outcome was cut down on booze and fags.

Thanks BUPA...

Although I have done both now

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    My moobs tell me when its time to cut back, Im now sporting a tidy pair of B cups IMO, feel rather podgy at moment.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Has anybody here had a health check recently? I must admit I am one of those people that ignores problems until they hit me in the face. I try to do exercise fairly regularly, play five-a-sides once a week(when not injured!!), and drink very moderately, but admittedly I succumb to kebabs, pizzas etc. occasionally.

As I had bad chest pains a couple of weeks back on successive days I decided to go to the doctors where I had a blood pressure check and blood test. I got the results of the blood test yesterday and it was a 'wake-up' call as far as I am concerned.

Cholesterol is 7.0...... normal should be between 3 and 5

Triglycerides are 3.8 ............ normal should be about 1.8

Blood Pressure was 160 over 110 and should be 120 over about 90

My weight was 15 stone but I have been on a self-induced diet for the past couple of weeks.

Whilst exercise will definitely help it sounds to me like you need a complete diet overhaul as well as some blood pressure and cholesterol medication. You are at risk of a stroke or worse imo.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Only on one hand
    No! He was the doner

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I spend far too much time on here.

Mind you, the doctor said that for a bloke in his 50's, I have the fingers of a twenty year old Olympic athlete
    Only on one hand

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I spend far too much time on here.

Mind you, the doctor said that for a bloke in his 50's, I have the fingers of a twenty year old Olympic athlete

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Go to the Gym, the Spa if you can afford it, and exercise - 1 hour at a time 3 times a week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X