• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lovely place - Liverpool!"

Collapse

• M_B
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces View Post
    If the fans didn't rush then they wouldn't have got crushed. Just like at heysel and earlier this season when they tried gatecrashing to get in for free?

What is it with Liverpool fans and this childish attitude to football? No other set of fans acts so mindlessly.
    Another whopper who thinks he knows the facts. I do know the facts of the incident and you are wrong.

Next.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Q: Define confusion

A: Fathers day in Liverpool

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Liverpool's new signing, Rigobert Song from Cameroon, has just played his first game for the (once) 'Mighty Reds'. He dashes into the players lounge and phones his mother to tell her all about it. "Oh, Rigobert"...she squeals....."....I am so pleased and proud of you, at last you are playing for a great team......they may not be as great as they once were, but I hear they have won the European Cup four times. ....but, son.....things are not so good at home. I am really worried. The violence is getting too much, your sister has been raped twice, your dear Grandmother has been attacked in the street, there is raw sewage running down the roads, its becoming more like a war-zone every day.

How we let you talk us into coming and living in Liverpool, I'll never know...."

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Why did they rename Liverpool airport after John Lennon?

'cos it's the first place he went when he had any money.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Why does the Mersey run through Liverpool?

Because if it walked it would get mugged

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces View Post
    If the fans didn't rush then they wouldn't have got crushed. Just like at heysel and earlier this season when they tried gatecrashing to get in for free?

What is it with Liverpool fans and this childish attitude to football? No other set of fans acts so mindlessly.
    Oh C'mon!

All football fans are mindless!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Bollocks, it had nothing to do with fans not wanting to pay and get in for free.

The police managed the fans very badly, the stadium design was poor.

Yes fans rushed, but the police filtered them badly, meaning they missed the kick-off.

It wasn't started by the liverpool fans, but yes they played a part.

At the time people were amazed that they had given Liverpool the smaller of the stands, but to blame the fans is totally wrong and incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Why did audiences scream so loud at Beatles concerts?

The shock of seeing four scousers working.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    It has always been a bit too 'blue collar' for me. Nothing wrong with that of course, I'd just rather be in a nice restaurant.

I think the board are fairly clear about my opinions here too - they can be a very 'triballistic' [sic] bunch, emphasis on the 'ballistic'.

For an alternative definition of hysterical football fans - see 'Munter' in the Urban Dictionary.

No disrespect to the Hilsborough casualties here, that was an awful case of mass panic vs inadequate preparation and disaster planning IMHO - could have happened at any major sporting event.

I'd rather have root canal treatment than discuss the intricacies of 'the beautiful game' TBH.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    How very dare you, this is indisputable heresay.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Not looking for a fight Sue, how about a

and we draw a line in the sand ?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not looking for a fight Sue, how about a

and we draw a line in the sand ?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's those damn football fans....they just don't know how to have an arguement without resorting to name calling.
    I'm with you there, Sue. I don't do football fans. I can't understand what they are shouting half the time. It has always been a bit too 'blue collar' for me. Nothing wrong with that of course, I'd just rather be in a nice restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    If that happens they may as well shut the board down...

I agree. The only part of the board that was full of has been closed down.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    SueEllen,

If you read my last line, I admitted that the blame should be shared around.

And last year the fans didn't cover themselves with glory

Leave a comment:

Working...
X