• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lost My Phone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lost My Phone"

Collapse

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I know it would be covered on my home insurance but I think the fact that the premium would go up next year and the £200 excess means that they would only give me about £200 - so not really worth doing.

Last time I claimed on my home insurance was for a £230 PDA, the excess was for £50 and it had no affect on my premiums the next year!

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    E51
    I agree, I've just got one and it's great. Email is really good and so is the internet.

Plus it looks classy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I know it would be covered on my home insurance but I think the fact that the premium would go up next year and the £200 excess means that they would only give me about £200 - so not really worth doing.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    As my phone is in my name and not my companies, will I be covered by my Home Office / Equipment Insurance?

Has anybody had any dealings with Caunce O'Hara when it comes to making a claim?

As the phone is not owned by the company I doubt it will be covered by your business insurance.

However, the last Time I phone my home & contents insurer up to tell them about a change in phone (about 2 years ago), they told me I didn't need to bother as they (and most insurers apparantly) now cover mobile phones up to 500 quid as standard because they no longer consider them a luxury item as everyone has one

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    As my phone is in my name and not my companies, will I be covered by my Home Office / Equipment Insurance?

Has anybody had any dealings with Caunce O'Hara when it comes to making a claim?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Samsung G600
    Nokia E51

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Samsung G600

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    The thing I want most out of it is the ability for it to pick up my mail. It's blocked at work.
    E51

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    The other day I lost my brand new n95 8gb phone. As I didn't take out insurance when I bought it and don't really want to claim on the home insurance I'm going to have to buy a new handset. What do you lot think would be a good handset - it has to have buttons, so none of that touch screen stuff for me.
    I've just got the Nokia 6500 slide and its a good little phone but a touch heavy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    It was ok - battery life is a bit rubbish though. It looked good on the media front as the screen is bright and pretty big (hence the battery life) The GPS in it was pretty good also, but I already have a tom tom in the car so something I didn't use that much.

I'm toying with getting another ericsson one as I have to pay for it myself and don't want to shell ot £400 for the nokia. The thing I want most out of it is the ability for it to pick up my mail. It's blocked at work.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Whats the n95 like ?

Rhubarb.
    What was the N95 like?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    The other day I lost my brand new n95 8gb phone. As I didn't take out insurance when I bought it and don't really want to claim on the home insurance I'm going to have to buy a new handset. What do you lot think would be a good handset - it has to have buttons, so none of that touch screen stuff for me.
    Nokia E51. Its small and a phone.

Its the replacement for the 6310i the best business phone ever made. Period.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    Whats the n95 like ?

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    started a topic Lost My Phone

Lost My Phone

Working...
X