• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Who Was It

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who Was It"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    When I first time came to Heathrow I was suprised not to see towers with machine gunners in them...
    <Al Murray>

We won WW2 AtW. No need to worry about Jerry fighters strafing planes on the ground now.

</Al Murray>

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Ah back again...

Sorry about that, got a bit lost and appear to have mislaid my rucksack...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Ah back again...

Sorry about that, got a bit lost and appear to have mislaid my rucksack...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    When I first time came to Heathrow I was suprised not to see towers with machine gunners in them...
    There used to be but our pilots kept knocking them over.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Satisfied?!! What if he really did have an explosive?! How can anyone see this as intact security??!
    What we need are ID cards!!!

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by BBC
    PM 'satisfied' everything being done to keep Heathrow security intact. More soon.
    Satisfied?!! What if he really did have an explosive?! How can anyone see this as intact security??!

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    He was probably looking for the way in to T5.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Really?

Oh, my bad!
    (I knew that really - I was just playing an "in" joke but my pilot colleague HyperD isn't around...)
    Ah, right. I didn't know you're a pilot.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    my pilot colleague HyperD isn't around

They'll probably let him go when they've established why he was taking a shortcut across the runway to his light aircraft. See you in 90 days HyperD.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinto View Post
    Isn't it the same runway? 09L/27R, the purpose of the 2 different names being to distinguish between the two ends, west and east?
    Really?

Oh, my bad!
    (I knew that really - I was just playing an "in" joke but my pilot colleague HyperD isn't around...)

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    That's bollox!

Everyone knows it's 09L

FFS!
    Isn't it the same runway? 09L/27R, the purpose of the 2 different names being to distinguish between the two ends, west and east?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    2 bags were detonated. 20 emergency vehicles dispatched but so far sounds like an overreaction.
    Send in the tanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    2 bags were detonated. 20 emergency vehicles dispatched but so far sounds like an overreaction.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It is understood the north runway, also identified as 27R, was closed, but is now being partially used.
    That's bollox!

Everyone knows it's 09L

FFS!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X