• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: House Prices

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House Prices"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Ealing is far nicer than Brixton, I will never walk down Electric Ave in Brixton again its the ******* getto

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Ealing is far nicer than Brixton, I will never walk down Electric Ave in Brixton again its the ******* getto
    it's

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The actual area code for London is 020.

Plus nice areas like Brixton have an 020 7xxx xxxx number while horrible places like Ealing have 020 8xxx xxxx numbers.

Also newly assigned London numbers can begin with 020 3xxx xxxx.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Never heard of mud slides?
    Not steep enough by far

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Er! were on a hillside

HTH

Never heard of mud slides?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Have you checked the basement? Maybe it's a normal house that's sunk in the marsh land.

Hmmm. Wonder if bungalows attract less council tax than a traditional house? If so, just build the other floors underground.
    Er! were on a hillside

HTH

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    South Wales.

I was going to buy it but it's too small for my requirements.

Have you checked the basement? Maybe it's a normal house that's sunk in the marsh land.

Hmmm. Wonder if bungalows attract less council tax than a traditional house? If so, just build the other floors underground.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    The 240k is probably only for the garage.

Unless you're up north where bungalows go for more than 4 bed detached houses because it's usually a captive (largely immobile) audience that go for bungalows.
    South Wales.

I was going to buy it but it's too small for my requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's up and coming.

It's got great clubs (as long as you don't annoy the bouncers otherwise they may try and kill you with the club manager) , great transport links (except they have to keep closing the Victoria line for maintenance then you have to get on the bus) and it's close to central London.

I had a stint living in Cold Harbour lane when I was a young street urchin, quite fun it was actually.

Been for a few good nights out there as well, I remember when the whole Jazzy B/Soul 2 Soul thing was going on down there (The Fridge?).

Great for a night out, not sure to live though. Hmm maybe a good BTL area if it's up and coming.

It reminds me a bit of Shepherds Bush but on crack....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    You do have a point - uch Brixton!
    It's up and coming.

It's got great clubs (as long as you don't annoy the bouncers otherwise they may try and kill you with the club manager) , great transport links (except they have to keep closing the Victoria line for maintenance then you have to get on the bus) and it's close to central London.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Were waiting for the interest to rack up a bit first
    I'll have moved into that bugalow by then so you'll have to find me

Oh hang on...

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    There's a nice bungalow just 100yds down the road from me.
    huge grounds, massive detached garage. only £240,000.

The 240k is probably only for the garage.

Unless you're up north where bungalows go for more than 4 bed detached houses because it's usually a captive (largely immobile) audience that go for bungalows.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm still waiting for both of those tickets I got from the Severn Bridge...
    Were waiting for the interest to rack up a bit first

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    02 = 2nd class

I'm 01 actually

South wales and the gateway to paradise.

That's why we charge you lot to come in
    I'm still waiting for both of those tickets I got from the Severn Bridge...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    02 = 2nd class

I'm 01 actually

South wales and the gateway to paradise.

That's why we charge you lot to come in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X