• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for Threaded"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    WageSlave: Many think the Junior Leaders have been scrapped as well.

All a bit odd really, you have to know someone who knows before you can find out how to get in on those things it now appears.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Ah...Officer Training Corps. I thought they stopped running that in the 70s? Obviously not.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Officer Training Corps

The way the army tries to get university graduates to join up.

Basiaclly an excuse to get drunk, run about with blank firing weaponry and earn some extra cash while at uni while being taught a few good soldiering tricks along the way. Not too many thought your being trained to become an officer, not to work for a living damn it!!!

pip pip what ho and the not

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    OTC?

Nothing going on down here

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Was in the OTC while I was in Uni and did a stint in the TA. Gave it up because I didn't have time for it with the wife nagging me abount not spending enough time together etc

Good timing too because about 6 months after I gave it up my old unit was called into Iraq for mr B Liars little war on Saddam.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Did I ever mention that I can strip and rebuild an SA80 (or a 5.56 rifle as they like to call it now) in 2 mins and 47 seconds
    Do you come from Manchester or is there a professional reason for such skills?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Did I ever mention that I can strip and rebuild an SA80 (or a 5.56 rifle as they like to call it now) in 2 mins and 47 seconds

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Phwoar... would you look at the muzzle on that flak 88.

I'm just off to touch myself.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    The members of this forum have a worryingly detailed knowledge of weaponry.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Lucifer Box: Throwing your weapon away.
    Although in that sort of situation you are using it as an improvised weapon rather than downing tools and legging it

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    seams to effect speling too.

Nope. Thats a combination of complete incompetence, a screen too far away to read properly and the cheapest RF keyboard in the known universe. Mainly the former.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    seams to effect speling too.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Doesn't wearing an eye patch bugger up your depth perception though? Or is the modern military solution something a bit more hi-tech than an eye patch?
    Since I have to wear one most of the time it completely screws up the following:-

- Depth of field. You have little clue of how far away things are without reference points
    - Peripheral vision. Serious impairment.
    - Balance. As a result of both, one relies almost solely on aural sensations for balance rather than both aural and visual
    - Perspective. With no stereoscopic vision perspective is seriously compromised

Most importantly however it has completely screwed up my golf handicap.

To be fair in my case some of these problems are caused to a certain extent by the underlying visual problems.

Try it for an extended period of time, you'll figure out then whether you can adapt to the affects.
    Last edited by ASB; 14 July 2005, 11:18.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Lucifer Box: Throwing your weapon away.

House clearing: wait until they go on holiday, turn up in a wagon, Roberts yer mothers brother.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    People with plastic cornea implants occasionally get called upon for various jobs...
    Steve Austin and Jamie Summers still doing missions then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X