• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Deterrent!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Deterrent!"

Collapse

• John Galt
    replied
    Threaded have you forgotten to take your pills again?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    zeitghost: Yet, is it not in the nature of falling bricks that they fall on people? So could one not say that a falling brick in such a circumstance is reaching fullfilment, and so should be joyful?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    AtW: It is only the desire to be free of pain that causes the suffering of being underneath a falling brick.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Ah with you now - cheers AtW Nice to see someone is paying attention

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    Prsnlly, I cn't abd pple wh us vwls.
    is an a not a vowel then ???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Can you elaborate Threaded - call me old fashioned but logic is logical isn't it
    Threaded is alluding to us living in a huge Matrix like system, so when you see brick falling down and hurting it is a matter of believing its actually happening.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    John Galt: Proof is not possible as both a belief in God and a belief in logic are both faith based.

Can you elaborate Threaded - call me old fashioned but logic is logical isn't it

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Plus those who use signature lines. Those coonts really get on my nerves.
    You're starting to worry me.

Wage in 'worried' mode.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I can't stand people who can't communicate with people face to face so have virtual converstions instead

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Prsnlly, I cn't abd pple wh us vwls.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    John Galt: Proof is not possible as both a belief in God and a belief in logic are both faith based.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Prove once and for all there is no God then they wouldn't have anything to get all upset about
    Its the best solution, but it would also hit other religions and Bush + Co would rather have more 9/11s than lose their "faith"

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Prove once and for all there is no God then they wouldn't have anything to get all upset about

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    I still maintain the best solution is upside-down burial in pig's offal, at a secret
    location (but with the procedure filmed and played back on national news)
    I think this is irrelevant to some of the radical movements in Islam -- I know that this sort of approach was used a number of times and clealy it failed.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I've got an idea lets round up fookwits who put 'mode' at the bottom of their posts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X