• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Plagarism

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plagarism"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    No problem....PMOs are a nice little earner.

PS. Check your mail.
    I know, I helped set one up at a large telco... ker-ching!

I've left a deposit in your box in return.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Wasn't sure what it stood for. Nothing suspicious.
    No problem....PMOs are a nice little earner.

PS. Check your mail.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Why the question about the PMO?
    Wasn't sure what it stood for. Nothing suspicious.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    That all depends on how you define management consultancy and business analysis. If you want, you can even describe management consultancy as project management, even though it isn't. Certainly if you are involved in matrix management...that's a form of organisational design...kerching...

Why the question about the PMO?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I'm a man with many hats, Slave. On balance, I've done more BA work (10-ish years) than management consultancy stuff (5-ish years).

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    As opposed to having a BA you mean?
    Well I presume you're a BSc.

But I actually meant are you a bona fide BA, because your description of your work doesn't sound much like a BA. Sounds more like a management consultant.
    There's a definite ceiling on BA rates, whereas management consultants can charge whatever they like. So if you're marketing yourself as a BA when you're really a management consultant....

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Are you sure you're a BA?
    As opposed to having a BA you mean?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I'm a BA who's done a bit of matrix management.
    Are you sure you're a BA?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I'm a BA who's done a bit of matrix management.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    PMO? Programme Management Office?
    Indeed, Lucifer, indeed it is.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Bingo

If you come across a BA touting a PMO with matrix management capability, let me know!
    PMO? Programme Management Office?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Unless, of course, you mean there is a contract but just that you haven't signed it, in which case by turning up for work you have accepted its T&Cs anyway.
    Bingo

If you come across a BA touting a PMO with matrix management capability, let me know!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Lucifer, to be perfectly honest, I haven't signed contract But I suspect any work developed becomes the property of the client. I'll certainly have to have a word with the client's legal department, although judging by what I've seen, I doubt they would be interested and/or effective.
    Quite the reverse I would have thought, Slave. In the absence of a signed agreement to the contrary, IP usually resides in the originator, i.e. you. In that case, have you granted your client an exclusive or non-exclusive license to use your work?

Unless, of course, you mean there is a contract but just that you haven't signed it, in which case by turning up for work you have accepted its T&Cs anyway.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    There may, however, be some element of monkey spanking....

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    also you have been saying for a while you are on a management etc contract, so what are you doing developing solutions like a code monkey??
    Sandy, the solutions I am developing have nothing to do with coding. The models in question are organisational designs; processes, interfaces, project & programme management, knowledge management, matrix management.... SLAs, SDMs, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X