• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This sounds a bit over complicated"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There was some Tory pillock on the Today programme this morning whining that the fuel price escallator was suspended 6 years ago... global warming drivel drivel drivel.

So if that idiot gets in, look out.
    Highly appropriate since a Tory government introduced the fuel price escalator.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'd pay a pretty Eastern European girl (min wage) to sit next to me on every journey.

That would be a good option, as long as you make sure she's not "massaging your stomach", Gillian Taylforth style when you pass the cameras.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    min wage is going up in october

Anyway, the IR camera might not pick her up if her head is in your lap

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'd pay a pretty Eastern European girl (min wage) to sit next to me on every journey.
    min wage is going up in october

Anyway, the IR camera might not pick her up if her head is in your lap

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Yes, I'd also be in favour of banning cars from doing under 65 unless in emergencies.

I'd vote for that. If they can't get to 70 by the end of a slip-road they shouldn't be allowed on.

A plus point would be that all those caravaners would have to stick to the scenic A roads instead.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    IR Camera!
    If that's what a thermal camera is then yep.

But then we'd have the deluxe dummies that mimic human body temperatures. Come to think of it that sort of dummy could be multiple uses.

Maybe an idea for Thermos and their novelty flasks.
    Last edited by PAH; 5 March 2008, 15:12.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Er, Miss Kelly ... own idea ... does not compute

The lady is an idiot, a patronising one at that. One of the few politicians I really really really dislike, a lot.
    I wish she would take time out to spend with her family.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

The lady is an idiot, a patronising one at that. One of the few politicians I really really really dislike, a lot.
    I concur. but then, I've said that before...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    it seems its Ruth Kellys idea again...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    and what's to stop anyone just planting a full-size dummy on the front passenger seat?
    Sasguru do you fancy a once a week trip to Bristol

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    and what's to stop anyone just planting a full-size dummy on the front passenger seat?

Seriously, how could a roadside camera, or even a casual glance by a copper, possibly tell it apart from a genuine passenger?
    IR Camera!

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Reserving a lane for car sharers and charging those who use them without passengers.

Seriously, how could a roadside camera, or even a casual glance by a copper, possibly tell it apart from a genuine passenger?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Its not just that, its the almost pointless tinkering which seems to exist solely to justify the governments existance.

Sort the rail (for freight and passengers) and public transport out first.
    But there's no incentive for the government to improve public transport as they don't gain anything from it.

They can continue to milk the poor motorist until the motorist squeals and still come back for more as there is no organisation with the teeth to say no to them.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I love reading the comments after these Telegraph articles. Some of these people make Nicky G sound reasonable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X