• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite Holiday destinations."

Collapse

• Normie
    replied
    Why go so far?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    3. Butlins at Minehead - 2 for 1 offers at the bar. 70's disco night on Thursdays. Only 2 hours from Swindon.
    Alternatively, nip up the A419 to Holborne caravan park (near Cotswold Water Park) - they have theme nights, bar, etc....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Where and why.

1. Santa Monica-LA. Beautiful empty beaches, 10 dollar taxi ride up to sunset strip for nightlife, lovely shops, bars and retaurants, beautiful ladies.

2. Puerto Andratx- Mallorca. A mini puerto Banus without the essex/cheshire sets to ruin it, lovely harbour, great restaurants, surounded by a nice class of person.

Discuss...
    Marbella of course

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Say no more, say no more.

P.S. there
    Hello Clippy!

oh, you are a card!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I don't just stay in LA I go twice a year on avearge to the west coast, love San Diego, San Fran, Vegas Santa Cruz etc etc etc as well.

Oh and yes I did have a friend their
    Say no more, say no more.

P.S. there

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    LOL-it probably is, but I don't need a stab proof vest to walk and get a pint of milk!
    No the mug, er tenant does that. I just collect his spondulicks at the end of the month.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its probably worth a quarter of my studio above the kebab shop in the murder mile of Hackney (North London )
    LOL-it probably is, but I don't need a stab proof vest to walk and get a pint of milk!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I don't just stay in LA I go twice a year on avearge to the west coast, love San Diego, San Fran, Vegas Santa Cruz etc etc etc as well.

their what?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No mate I own a small house in Sale actually. HTH.
    Its probably worth a quarter of my studio above the kebab shop in the murder mile of Hackney (North London )

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Maybe it has just rained or there had been a storm but the sea was dodgy. The very clean looking well known beaches in and around Oz cities are no go areas for a few days after heavy rain unless you want a nasty throat infection. LA is OK but you must of had a lady friend in town or something to warrant going 20+ times !?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    4. Check-in @ Heathrow Airport - Unhelpful staff, crowded check-in area and overpriced food in the shops. Nothing like spending the first few days of your holiday at Heathrow because baggage handlers, ground staff or the French are on strike - again.
    Just fly BA from Heathrow. Lovely experience once you've got a Silver Exec Card.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    hmm interesting perspective, not what I have experienced in the 20+ times I have been to Venice....Although the wino thing is true, but they tend to clear off to the shade when the sun comes up.
    Maybe it has just rained or there had been a storm but the sea was dodgy. The very clean looking well known beaches in and around Oz cities are no go areas for a few days after heavy rain unless you want a nasty throat infection. LA is OK but you must of had a lady friend in town or something to warrant going 20+ times !?

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Perhaps your perspective is skewed by the fact that when not on holiday you are stuck in an off-plan BTL in manchester city centre?
    No mate I own a small house in Sale actually. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    hmm interesting perspective, not what I have experienced in the 20+ times I have been to Venice....Although the wino thing is true, but they tend to clear off to the shade when the sun comes up.
    Perhaps your perspective is skewed by the fact that when not on holiday you are stuck in an off-plan BTL in manchester city centre?

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Probably where I'm thinking of but a mile won't make the sea clean, it was defo dodgy and I personally wouldn't put a toe in it. Stepping over the winos to get onto the beach also detracts from its holiday potential.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Did you go to venice beach? about a 1 mile up the boulevard?
    Probably where I'm thinking of but a mile won't make the sea clean, it was defo dodgy and I personally wouldn't put a toe in it. Stepping over the winos to get onto the beach also detracts from its holiday potential.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X