• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chucking it down

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chucking it down"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Katie View Post
    Where are you?
    Baden Würtemberg, south-west Germany. S'funny, chucking it down at work and had at least 3 inches to clear off the car. Get back to the hotel about 8 klicks away and although there was snow it hadn't really settled too much. Nice and sunny today but verdammt kalt!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Snowed here yesterday, so I had a good excuse to use a bicycle with studded tires for my commute in this morning.

Slow as a snail, took me nearly hour an' half, but the lovely noise the tires make is way better than a bell.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    There's a beautiful sunset here in Cambridge. Barn must be on fire!
    As they say in Neath:

Red sky in morning, Swansea's burning.
    Red sky at night, the steelwork's alight!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    There's a beautiful sunset here in Cambridge. Barn must be on fire!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    It's hailing now, with a rainbow to boot and all I can hear are sirens in the distance.

All the snow has melted and the hail is nearly gone as well, but this does not look good.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    We haven't had any snow this year.

I'd quite like some.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'd best get down the pub then.

Don't think futurewife will accept the excuse though - it's lovely in sunny SW London.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Snowed here in Essex for 5 minutes.

I've whacked up the heating full blast and put a jumper on. I hope I can get to work tommorow.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Go home and still charge them for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied
    Where are you?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic Chucking it down

Chucking it down

Been chucking down with snow since this morning here, should I go home or be the good contractor and work until I'm happy that the tasks for the day are cleared and I crash my car into a tree?

Working...
X