• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "urgent help guys pimp possibly trying to screw me"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    you're not another one with a chip ony our shoulder when it comes to passats ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    is it being replaced with an A5 ?

Diesel I hope.

Milan.
    Nope, by the slowest car they've ever built...
    (And no, not a passat!)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    is it being replaced with an A5 ?

Diesel I hope.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Winston,

pots and kettles,

and you, the Stuttgart Banana and the Mlada Boleslav Passat ?

Milan.
    MB, do as I say, not as I do...

The Banana is going soon.

However...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Winston,

pots and kettles,

and you, the Stuttgart Banana and the Mlada Boleslav Passat ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    trisko,

good for you

oracle in the end I didn't buy the secondhand volvo, got a shiny new nissan instead, still got the passat too
    Milan.
    Are you taking driving lessons from Threaded?
    (He of the I can drive two cars at once fame...)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    only if they made the xc90 30 years ago

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Zeity.
    Malvolio has the subaru forrestor from memory. Does Zeity have an XC90?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    there is somebody here with the volvo, I think Malvolio

Milan.
    Zeity.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    there is somebody here with the volvo, I think Malvolio

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 4 March 2008, 09:02.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    trisko,

good for you

oracle in the end I didn't buy the secondhand volvo, got a shiny new nissan instead, still got the passat too

Milan.
    Ah ok. My next question was going to be how you were getting on with the volvo as I've been thinking about one.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post

Was funny though this other agent asking me to work at his place was saying its a big mistake missing out since they offer training and opportunites which is total nonsense, they were hiring contractors to cover the service desk whilst developing the permie's, forget that i thought. He asked me where i got a job i made it up as I knew he would try to offer his services to them to undercut the current contracters where I should be working in a few days.

Agent's = scum
    Ah that old chestnut, I wish I had a quid for every job that promised "lots of training" that then turned out to be training in eating Sh!t sandwiches, I'd a good fiver better off!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    trisko,

good for you

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    < Broadsword calling Danny Boy....Request Spelling & Grammar Carpet Bombing Strike on above location>

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied
    yes i got no mcse's , in fact i have had interviews where they wanted me over candidates who had third line experiance even though i said i had nowt, yes that right, in fact i got an interview with managed networks they dont interview anyone without a mcse and i managed to get a interview there, albeit had no intention of going as a permie.

I had job offers galore but luckily I had the sense to stick with contracting where the real money is, i just feel these permie roles albeit offered me a path into third line were not so appealing come pay day.

I do consider myself luckee i have now doubled my wage almost as a contractor, hopefully i wil do some minor project work too for them and i will start to learn more at home.

Yes its time to go Ltd hehe!

Was funny though this other agent asking me to work at his place was saying its a big mistake missing out since they offer training and opportunites which is total nonsense, they were hiring contractors to cover the service desk whilst developing the permie's, forget that i thought. He asked me where i got a job i made it up as I knew he would try to offer his services to them to undercut the current contracters where I should be working in a few days.

Agent's = scum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X