• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: News blackout

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "News blackout"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Can somebody, anybody, please explain what the f**k this drivel means?
    It means that "2UK" is an in-bred, banjo playing yokel who wishes you to "squeal like a piggy!!!"

Churchill - In "You're in my boy" mode!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    For you , can call me what ever u want hun. I still imagine your wet , pink body once in a while.
    Can somebody, anybody, please explain what the f**k this drivel means?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I thought it was "David Vincent"...
    who knows

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Barry Manilow nose

I thought it was "David Vincent"...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    We know you know, and now you know we know you know, and now we know you know we know you know
    Barry Manilow nose

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yeah, I know.
    We know you know, and now you know we know you know, and now we know you know we know you know

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Well let's just say...

There are people who know.

There are people who don't know.

There are people who know, who know people who know.

There are people who know, who know people who don't know.

There are people who don't know, who know people who know.

There are people who don't know, who know people who don't know.

But I know.
    Yeah, I know.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    You really are an idiot aren't you.
    For you , can call me what ever u want hun. I still imagine your wet , pink body once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    loads, my ex was swedish and frequently saw things related to british foreign policy on the news that wasnt mentioned anywhere here..
    I was an avid listener to BBC World Service until a few years ago and it was always interesting to hear items which never made the domestic news. The first one I remember was a Royal Navy gunboat sitting offshore from some far flung spot where trouble was brewing. It didn't get a mention on the domestic Beeb or in the press.

The French and German media can be interesting. They can be quite hard hitting when they feel like it.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You are Donald Rumsfeld and I claim my £5
    Ferck! Busted again!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Well let's just say...

But I know.
    You are Donald Rumsfeld and I claim my £5

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    the Prince is a boy who , without having a clue about what he is participating in , is proud to play with the real metal and brag himslef before his mates who play xbox. pity.
    You really are an idiot aren't you.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    How do you know?
    Well let's just say...

But I know.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BankingContractor View Post
    Serving his country - my @rse, its just spin.

The real soldiers are the ones who do all the dirty work day in day out, and you never get to hear about them too often.

This spoilt royal brat goes there for a few months, no doubt fully protected, a few pics of him 'in action, serving his country' and we think he's a hero.

He wanted to go to Iraq but he couldn't as that was really dangerous!

There was no media blackout when Prince Andrew served during Falklands. I distictly remembered his departure was celebrated and admired by the public. Why now the need for a blackout?

Prince Andrew was in the Navy in a helicopter and while he could be shot down, due to his operational role it was unlikely.

Prince Harry is in the Army. Lots of the army are simply cannon fodder as they can be shot by "friendly fire" from our allies or the enemy by chance. The news blackout was to decrease the risk of the enemy shooting him and the rest of the people he served with.

Both of the Princes being involved in the armed forces is spin and historically lots of Princes have been involved in the forces. However as the Armed Forces swear allegiance to Queen and country not to the UK government, then it's not surprising that a spare would still go and join the armed forces.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Utter Boll*cks!

He's received no special treatment. He was an operational soldier in a very dangerous situation.
    How do you know?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X