• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What a Numpty!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What a Numpty!!"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Masher View Post
    He did amazingly well to get to Calais. Bristolians never go anywhere.

If you don't believe me when did you last meet one?
    I knew a guy from Withywood that was walking home from the pub, pissed, and with his hands in his pockets. He tripped and fell down and got himself wedged between a wall and an adjacent lamppost, and was too pissed to extricate himself. Said he went to sleep and was able to get free later on when he had sobered up. Now that would have been worth videoing!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Language barrier scuppers walker yet AGAIN
    **FURTHER NEWS UPDATE **

A man who planned to walk around London without any money has quit, after getting as far as East London.

But, because he could not speak russian, people thought he was a free-loading ponce.

Leave a comment:

• Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    In a pub in Bath, oddly enough. He looked quite p1ssed and bewildered..
    My god that's 12 miles away so it may well be the previous record

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Masher View Post

In a pub in Bath, oddly enough. He looked quite p1ssed and bewildered..

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Craig Colclough is that you again?

Leave a comment:

• Masher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Language barrier scuppers walker yet AGAIN
    **FURTHER NEWS UPDATE **

A man who planned to walk around London without any money has quit, after getting as far as Ealing.

Mark Boyle, 28, who set out 2 hours ago with only a kebab, hoped to rely on the kindness of strangers for food and lodging.

But, because he could not speak chav, people thought he was a free-loading ponce.

He now plans to walk around his front room muttering "trouble and strife, say no more son, knock it on the 'ead, innit" so he can try again next year.

He commented: "Whilst walking in my front room, I intend to learn to be a Pearly Queen and to hit the road again as soon as I feel I am ready."

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    *** NEWS UPDATE ***

Language barrier scuppers walker AGAIN

A man who planned to walk around the coast of Britain without any money has quit, after getting as far as Portsmouth.

Mark Boyle, 28, who set out a week ago with only a sombrero and a pot noodle, hoped to rely on the kindness of strangers for food and lodging.

But, because he could not speak Polish, people thought he was free-loading or a Brit.

He now plans to walk around his back garden learning Polish so he can try again next year.

He commented: "Whilst walking in my back garden, I intend to learn Polish and to hit the road again as soon as I feel I am ready."

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    "...not only did no one not speak the language, they had also seen us as just a bunch of freeloading backpackers...
    Hmmm. Quite astute of them I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

You couldn't make this stuff up

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Talking of being a numpty: I walked across a golf course once and was met on the otherside by a very angry man carrying a machine gun, who told me it wasn't allowed to walk on the grass, and I would have to go back and walk around.

I tried to explain that would then mean I had walked across the grass twice, so he talked to someone on the radio, agreed that was logical so I could continue, and then fiddled with the safety on his gun.
    threaded
    Godlike

Good effort on the 5000 posts!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Talking of being a numpty: I walked across a golf course once and was met on the otherside by a very angry man carrying a machine gun, who told me it wasn't allowed to walk on the grass, and I would have to go back and walk around.

I tried to explain that would then mean I had walked across the grass twice, so he talked to someone on the radio, agreed that was logical so I could continue, and then fiddled with the safety on his gun.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ta

Leave a comment:

• Rymez2K
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Linky please? I want to send this round the office for a Friday laugh ...
    There you go.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...nwalker129.xml

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Really researched this jaunt well eh?
    Knucklehead!!

Linky please? I want to send this round the office for a Friday laugh ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X