• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    EDIT: Oh and the 'new' season starts on Virgin in 5 days time.
    Catch up, I'm 5 episodes in

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Has anyone else been watching this?
    Thankfully it seems to completely ignore everything that happened in Terminator 3 and follows on from T2: Judgement Day instead.
    Been a really strong show so far (6 episodes in)
    That's because the T3 timeline hasnt happened yet! It's set after T2 and before T3.

EDIT: Oh and the 'new' season starts on Virgin in 5 days time.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Isn't that because by Terminator 3, Sarah Connor has shuffled of her mortal coil?....or whatever?
    no, it just lacked the sort of impact that the previous 2 films had and instead was just a CGI and stunt extravaganza (sp?)

Of course thats not to say that the first 2 films could have survived sans Sarah Connor
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 17 October 2008, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Has anyone else been watching this?
    Thankfully it seems to completely ignore everything that happened in Terminator 3 and follows on from T2: Judgement Day instead.
    Been a really strong show so far (6 episodes in)

Isn't that because by Terminator 3, Sarah Connor has shuffled of her mortal coil?....or whatever?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    It's good the is it?

I'll put it on the list of boxsets, still ploughing through BSG season 2 at the moment.
    Its not T2 good but certainly a lot better than T3
    Some solid ratings on TV.com

Also rated highly on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Terminator-S...4258615&sr=8-1
    and its down to under £15

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    It's good the is it?

I'll put it on the list of boxsets, still ploughing through BSG season 2 at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ah yes... I remember it well...

The episode of The Good Life where Jerry gets Terminated by a cyborg who looks like Barbra.
    Yes. Still makes me smile all these years on.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    It's a good series and not too dissimilar to The Good Life.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    5 episoes into season 2 now... its still keeping me entertained.

Getting a lot deeper aswell, there's plenty of potential building up for a - dare i say it - bladerunner-esque type plot.

Hopefully it doesn't get canned anytime soon

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So I take its not about this Sarah Connor then? Quite nice but got a funny nose.
    Depends, is she:

The mother of the leader of the resistance against the machines

or

A German pop star?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So I take its not about this Sarah Connor then? Quite nice but got a funny nose.
    unfortunately no
    *keeps website for future "reference"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It was a bit worrying when John Connor got offed in the first minute though.
    I'm waiting for them to send a friendly terminator back in the guise of John Connor, so the bad guys can chase him all they want. These yanks, no idea how to write a credible storyline.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    saw the 1st episode. s'alright i suppose. the "friendly terminator" has obviously been instructed to adopt a bunny boiler stare, so common amongst lady robots.
    She's an actress much like Hugh Grant is an actor. i.e. they're good at acting as themselves.

Saw her (Summer Glau) in the series FireFly and the associated film Serenity. She's good at kicking her hat off!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    It picks up, i was a bit concerned in the first episode that Sarah had got herself romantically involved but it plays out well
    Well that's good to hear - was going to give it a couple of episodes before deciding whether to stick with it.

Wrt, T3, interesting story about the rights etc:

"T3" was owned by Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna, who years ago bought the rights at a Carolco bankruptcy auction out from under Cameron, prompting the director to remove himself from involvement. And the "T3" rights package included a multimillion-dollar rights buyout and exec producer credit for Gale Anne Hurd, Cameron's former partner and ex-wife. He famously signed over his "Terminator" rights for $1 to her before they made the first film, in exchange for a guarantee he wouldn't be replaced as director. It was a deal that left him on the outside looking in as everyone else cashed in on "T3".

The slate is clean after Halcyon Co. bought out all franchise rights from Kassar and Vajna and set the new film for domestic distribution at Warner Bros. for summer 2009.

Source

Leave a comment:

Working...
X