• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: banned

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "banned"

Collapse

• TheOmegaMan
    replied
    All the great posters get banned eventually, like Denny or the legend that was Jabberwocky. Of course those that get banned immediately are usually just crass or obnoxious and should never return. But like the time lords, great posters eventually rejuvenate and turn into something better.

What does a bag of recruitment consultants cost these days ?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Why, are you fancying being nibbled?
    No, I was just surprised that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    You have teeth? ........interesting
    Why, are you fancying being nibbled?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'll have to put my teeth in first...
    You have teeth? ........interesting

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Ohh, G'wan! G'wan! G'wan! You know you want to!

Alternatively, let her back in and stand back as she's torn to pieces by the circling dogs! That'll learn 'er.
    I'll have to put my teeth in first...

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    "Free speech includes not only the inoffensive but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and the provocative provided it does not tend to provoke violence. Freedom only to speak inoffensively is not worth having." -- Sedley LJ

That is my point.
    Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

I suggest a call to your GP first, they should be able to refer you to a counciling service.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I am tempted to post the emails here so you can see the kind of rubbish she comes out with.
    Ohh, G'wan! G'wan! G'wan! You know you want to!

Alternatively, let her back in and stand back as she's torn to pieces by the circling dogs! That'll learn 'er.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    "Free speech includes not only the inoffensive but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and the provocative provided it does not tend to provoke violence. Freedom only to speak inoffensively is not worth having." -- Sedley LJ

That is my point.
    No, that is Sedley LJ's point. If you are going to rant at least try and be original expat.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    If I find that a person is being contentious or boring or argumentative then I just ignore them unless it is going too far.

In that respect her being banned IMHO is just giving her the attention she wants and is counter-productive in the end because she will just repeat the same behaviour to get the same results - attention.

Having said that, I believe that the moderators did right in banning her because of the disruption caused to the rest of the forum and the amount of work that the moderators had to do to try and curb her worst excesses.

Now I have no idea whether she will be back or not but lets just try this:

If she gets annoying and bothersome, lets just ignore those particular posts and just react to her when she's being rational and reasonable like the rest of us. How about that?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Are all British expats such complete muppets?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I could care less about her getting banned. From what I've seen you've really got to push the boat out to get a ban on CUK so good riddance is all I can say.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    We are all cool with freedom of speech, this is a very relaxed board in terms of what you can say. Expat - you are now being irritating but I am not going to ban you for holding this view or not seeing the point I am trying to make.

If you start causing the mods of this forum problems or upsetting the vast majority of the forum then I will ban you. This is the way it is.

This forum is not a country. We are not contravening anyone's human rights by stopping people from posting on here. Denny has not been banged up indefinitely because of a view point she held. She has simply been banned from the forum because she became a pain in the arse, was annoying a fair few of the posters and, as Brillopad said, her behaviour was becoming worrying.

I have had two mails from Denny since the ban, the first consisted of four lines, all in capitals so I suggested to her that she may be pushing herself towards a mental breakdown by taking things so seriously. The next was one of her usual essays, trying to pick apart what we did wrong and why she is blameless. All the time making sharp comments and, in my opinion, being quite aggressive. This forum really is not worth getting this wound up about.

I am tempted to post the emails here so you can see the kind of rubbish she comes out with.

Her posts have not been edited or removed, they are there for all to see, as are my responses and reasons for banning.

I cannot say how much of this time my this wasted yesterday. I believe I have explained myself well enough not to have to reiterate this again just because some of you feel she was hard done by or banned because she did not fit in. I hope this is the last I will have to say on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

That is my point.
    I wanted to throttle Denny on several occasions, does that count as provoked violence?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

That is my point.
    Does it include going on and on and on and on like the duracell bunny?

I think the mods did her a favour - else she might have worked herself into a nervous breakdown. And what for?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    I may be reading too much into this but are you seriously comparing the moderators of ContractorUK with the Apartheid govenment of South Africa?

If so then you need help

That is my point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X