• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What could be faster than this site right now?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    s l o w ........

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I have seen it struggle a few times over the last few days. Server load is tiny though, even though "It's all noddy Linux, PHP and other gay little rubbish sadly"... I suspect network problems somewhere with the host, will keep an eye on it though.
    If I were you, I'd lamp him.

(IGMC)

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You always say that. Go on admit it, it's just a little script running on a 386 in someones bedroom.
    Are 386's still useful then?

I just chucked out an ancient 386sx because I thought it wasn't safe for work.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I have seen it struggle a few times over the last few days. Server load is tiny though, even though "It's all noddy Linux, PHP and other gay little rubbish sadly"... I suspect network problems somewhere with the host, will keep an eye on it though.
    You always say that. Go on admit it, it's just a little script running on a 386 in someones bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    "It's all noddy Linux, PHP and other gay little rubbish sadly
    Hey that's my Plan B you're talking about

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    What could be faster than this site right now?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Seems to be back to normal speed now.

Maybe SKA was indexing the server and got bogged down in TPD!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Seems to be back to normal speed now.

Maybe SKA was indexing the server and got bogged down in TPD!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Images cache by default - the system could be to blame, others have commented on this lately though.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Get a decent system !

Mine is running fine, and I'm Running a background prog and downloading at the same time

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I suspect the delay is in calling the images. I've just switched off images/avatars and it's running quickly.
    Try enabling image caching in your browser. The images are more interesting than the words.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I suspect the delay is in calling the images. I've just switched off images/avatars and it's running quickly.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    A tortoise wading through peanut butter?

A slug slithering over salt?

A microlight flying through treacle?

Tell me about it. It's all noddy Linux, PHP and other gay little rubbish sadly, so it is to be expected.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    <insert name here> thinking of a witty retort?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    A tortoise wading through peanut butter?

A slug slithering over salt?

A microlight flying through treacle?

Try turning on the bs filter. Loads a lot quicker, though all my posts seem to have disappeared.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X