• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: £25 per day.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£25 per day."

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Car make and model Type of car Engine size (litres) Congestion Charge
    CO2 emissions more than 225g/km
    Ford Galaxy Ghia MPV 2.3 £25
    Honda Accord 06 Tourer Estate 2.4 £25
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 V6 CDX MPV 2.7 £25
    Renault Espace Dynamique MPV 3 £25
    Peugeot 407 SW Estate 2.7 £25
    Vauxhall Vectra Hatchback/Estate 2.8 £25
    Vauxhall Zafira MPV 2 £25
    Volkswagen Passat Estate 3.2 £25
    Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 3.2 £25
    Volvo V70 Estate 2.4/2.5 £25

CO2 emissions less than 225g/km
    BMW 335d Executive 2.9 £8
    BMW X5 3.0d 4x4 3 £8
    Jaguar XF V6D Executive 2.7 £8
    Porsche Boxster 2.7 Sports 2.7 £8
    Volvo XC90 D5 4x4 2.4 £8

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Why would anyone buy a 118D? Except to admit they can't afford a 325. (or whatever the spec is now)
    Because you get to drive a nice and nippy car to work in the City, and parking aside it won't cost a penny. An M-Sport leather-upholsterd 118D is a very nice way to travel when compared to a tube or a bus!

And look how popular the Toyota Prius is in London: do you really think people buy them to be 'green' or to avoid the £8 Congestion Charge?!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    my lovely pu**y wagen Audi A3
    I take it you mean you have to be a pu**y to drive/own one?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    More anti American ranting eh?
    'Course the Americans never paid..its only recently other embassies got wise to the fact they can't be forced to pay.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Why would anyone buy a 118D? Except to admit they can't afford a 325. (or whatever the spec is now)

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Amazingly you can now drive a BMW 118D without paying CC:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesand...%3D%3D,00.html

CO2 (g/km): 119
    0-62mph (secs): 8.9

Hats off to BMW for their Efficient Dynamics thingy.

And the 118D will hold its value like gold bullion...

(Note: Expect Toyota Prius values to drop like a stone...!)

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    they're the ones with a D in the middle aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    London Mayor Ken Livingstone said his office had taken "endless legal advice", but could not find any way around the rules that say "diplomats aren't subject to the taxes and laws of other countries".
    Out of interest, what would be the penalty for being caught driving with a diplomatic number plate? Are they easy to distinguish from a normal registration number?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    I dont understand people who want to drive into London unless its business of some sort delievery etc. I always avoid driving into London and would rather go round the M25 and cut in where needed, driving in London is just pure stress, and I wouldnt want to dent or scratch my lovely pu**y wagen Audi A3

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Terry Wogan said this morning that Red Ken needed a hand...

I think he was implying that dear old Ken needed a good fisting.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Its probably to make up for the American Embassey workers who don't pay the charge (while other countries' workers do).
    More anti American ranting eh?
    Embassies in London have unpaid fines of at least £20,000 a day in the new western extension of the congestion charge zone, research has suggested.

The fines included more than £39,000 for the Russian embassy and nearly £25,000 for the German office.
    Total fines for congestion charges owed by all embassies - mostly those outside the western extension - were close to £8m on 21 March,

They are protected from enforcement by diplomatic immunity.
    The Russian embassy said it had suspended payments on 19 February, as it was "contradictory" to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
    The expanded congestion charge zone, which now takes in Kensington and Chelsea, includes nearly 150 embassies.

In February, the embassies of France, Germany, Belgium, Slovakia and Belarus all confirmed to the BBC News website that they had suspended payments.

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said his office had taken "endless legal advice", but could not find any way around the rules that say "diplomats aren't subject to the taxes and laws of other countries".

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Some surprising points here and it would seem some people will be surprised at getting caught. Many of the cars will be the sameas those driven by dctors, nurses, teachers, firemen etc.

This "congestion" charge becomes more and more of a farce every day.

Yeah I saw on the news recently that a fleet of non-emergency ambulances (such as for shipping the elderly to bingo and back) had to have thousands of pounds worth of filtering fitted to avoid charges/fines.

If they're worried about congestion, why not a person charge too, to catch all those that come in using bicycles or public transport, and then clog up all the pavements? I know, I know, that's for later once the suckers have got used to paying these additional taxes for no noticable benefit.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Some surprising points here and it would seem some people will be surprised at getting caught. Many of the cars will be the sameas those driven by dctors, nurses, teachers, firemen etc.

This "congestion" charge becomes more and more of a farce every day.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    • The £25 charge will apply to vehicles emitting more than 225 grams of CO2 per kilometre (g/k), as well as those registered before March 2001 which have engines larger than 3,000cc
    • Those vehicles getting a 100% discount will emit less than 120g/k.
    • Of cars currently being driven in the congestion charging zone 17% would be liable for the £25 charge and just 2% for the total discount

Apparently this applies to make of car i.e. 4x4's and sports cars and not necessarily on fuel/emission efficiency.
    It's not because they have high emissions, it's because they're not fair!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Its probably to make up for the American Embassey workers who don't pay the charge (while other countries' workers do).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X