• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vera Duckworth - Liz Dawn"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    21st Dec 2006
    Sometime in December around 1999 for me

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I refer you to my other post...
    Not sure which one you mean. The one deleted by the mods maybe? Mods hate disco.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yeah more money than sense.

At least when the day comes that the NHS add smokers to the list of self-induced illnesses (along with obesity) that they'll refuse to treat, you'll be able to pay to go private.
    I refer you to my other post...

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    It's because we have more money than you poor northeners on your council estates.

HTH

Yeah more money than sense.

At least when the day comes that the NHS add smokers to the list of self-induced illnesses (along with obesity) that they'll refuse to treat, you'll be able to pay to go private.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    13 June 2004 for me. Not regretted it since.
    21st Dec 2006

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I have to say I see more smokers down south than up north. So much for the stereotype that southerners are more intelligent.
    It's because we have more money than you poor northeners on your council estates.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Then its not a good idea to say alcohol, because we could be talking about Shandy or Absinthe.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    The addiction potency in crack and meth are hugely different in both. Meth also contains a lot of other substances that are poisons in their own right.
    Just the same as Pringles versus regular crisps then.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
    Crystal Meth is a derivate of amphetamine (speed).
    Crack is a derivate of cocaine.
    So they were both included, even though they are not as popular over here.
    Drugs are bad m'kay.
    I don't think it's a good idea to say 'cocaine' and not crack and amphetamine instead of Crystal Meth.

The addiction potency in crack and meth are hugely different in both. Meth also contains a lot of other substances that are poisons in their own right.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    I didn't see that documentary, but I did see Horizon last night on the various opinions of scientists as to what the twenty most dangerous drugs are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog.../drugs/survey/

No surprise that tobacco kills more than the others - UK deaths: 114,000; followed by alcohol at 40,000.
    I should be dead according to that list, have taken 12 of the substances on that list and some of them regularly back then...

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    I didn't see the programme was looked at the list. I was surprised to see that Crack Cocaine was not in the list, nor Crystal Meth. This amazes me.

Crystal Meth is a derivate of amphetamine (speed).
    Crack is a derivate of cocaine.
    So they were both included, even though they are not as popular over here.
    Drugs are bad m'kay.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    That's what they did in the 1840s during the Opium Wars...

Though that was a semi-private piece of enterprise... one of the glories of Victorian Britain...
    Cup of tea? Denny, put the kettle on love!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What amazes me is that you know these drugs at all
    Have you read her posts? She's got to be on something!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I take an interest in quite a lot of things that have a strong social impact.
    So you're a typical bird hooked on FaceBook, Sudoku, Heat magazine, and designer handbags costing 3 times your weekly income.

Women. If they didn't have several useful holes they'd be well and truly fodido.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    If the entire country got whacked on crystal mets every friday nights, we would be looking at millions of deaths a year.

That's the government's next step after adding flouride to the water, bung in some crystals as their way of controlling population. The bath salts industry won't like it though.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    What a completely stupid survey. Alcohol more dangerous than Crystal Meths? Laughable.

If the entire country got whacked on crystal mets every friday nights, we would be looking at millions of deaths a year.

Surveys like this are just a complete and utter waste of time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X