• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Technojobs up there ^^^^"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    And - dare I say it - the main CUK site needs a refresh too.
    Reception? Kitchen? Open fireplace? A bar? Vending machines?

You just want to upgrade it to TPD standard.

Hey, Bear: have you still got the plan for the TPD refresh?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Take comfort - it's nowhere near as bad as NorlaGroup, one of the other site sponsors. Their web developers need to be shot.

And - dare I say it - the main CUK site needs a refresh too.

<cough> and this forum itself - why are the styles inline? Lots of unnecessarily code bloat too. things could be a lot faster here... </cough>
    Last edited by realityhack; 29 January 2008, 13:25.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by technojobs View Post
    Hey BrownIssue. I am one of the developers on Technojobs, what problems are you having with firefox? Have tested on FF in XP, OS X, Ubuntu and all works fine for me. Let me know configuration and will check it out. Plus any specifics on what is broken for you would be really useful.
    Are you Bob Shawadiwadi in disguise?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Appreciate the feedback, really helpful. Will be getting a lot more contracts on there as well over the next few months so hope we can help you land the next placement.
    Aha - the moderation means technojobs is lagged
    NP tj - if you need any help with the structure let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yeah, NFP looked -
    Yes, courtesy of CUK's own resident colour blind site designer. Does he still lurk here I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You should invoice for that!
    That would be a full review. I only looked at the site for 5 min - they can buy me a pint if they like.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    My mistake, you are floating the elements, but something's breaking, not quite sure without a full review. Oh, and your markup's a mess, get rid of the tables and do the whole thing again using clean code with no formatting properties. You're using deprecated target attributes in your links, there are 3 errors, 406 warnings in your CSS, your pages don't validate as XHTML 1.0 strict, with 47 errors in the XHTML, and logically, the level 1 nav should be h1s, and list elements, not images.
    You should invoice for that!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Hey, it looks great compared to the original Names, Faeces, Places.
    Yeah, NFP looked -

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Hey, it looks great compared to the original Names, Faeces, Places.

You've got to remember that everything is relative (much to Chico's annoyance). Using that as a benchmark every website is a winner.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    My mistake, you are floating the elements, but something's breaking, not quite sure without a full review. Oh, and your markup's a mess, get rid of the tables and do the whole thing again using clean code with no formatting properties. You're using deprecated target attributes in your links, there are 3 errors, 406 warnings in your CSS, your pages don't validate as XHTML 1.0 strict, with 47 errors in the XHTML, and logically, the level 1 nav should be h1s, and list elements, not images.

Leave a comment:

• technojobs
    replied
    Sorry BrowneIssue, will wait until I get home before looking up BrownIssue

Nothing serious with the site then

Have seen the overlapping divs once or twice and keep meaning to fix.

Cheers fgor the fix suggestion realityhack, your cheque is in the post.

Never liked the colour myself but inherited the design and no time to fix yet as have a few major bits planned for the site. Fixing the internal searching and how the saved searches is on the list

Appreciate the feedback, really helpful. Will be getting a lot more contracts on there as well over the next few months so hope we can help you land the next placement.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    The home page had the 'featured recruiters' box right over the 'Find a job' box. That kind of random box placement occurred on every page. I just tried it and now it doesn't.
    technojobs - as BI said the body copy, 'find a job' and 'featured jobs' divs overlap the 'featured recruiters' div, with the background img behind those h1s repeating. Set the url to 'no-repeat' in div.normalboxtopblue h1 and similar, and consider floating those elements instead of using relative positioning within a fixed width, centred container.

The form fields overlap the 'find a job' div, restructure using mozilla hacks.

And a large amount of text on the site fails the visicheck colour contrast test.

FF 2.0.0.11, WinXP SP2

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Their search engine is broken, I listed my skills and searched with 'any key words' and found 30+ matches but when I save the search it reverts to 'all key words must match' and sticks '+' between all the words so subsequent searches don’t work.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Hey BrownIssue.
    BrowneIssue - I didn't used to worry until I realised it has a different meaning without the 'e'!

I am one of the developers on Technojobs, what problems are you having with firefox?
    First post here and straight through moderation already! Well done!

Have tested on FF in XP, OS X, Ubuntu and all works fine for me. Let me know configuration and will check it out. Plus any specifics on what is broken for you would be really useful.
    The home page had the 'featured recruiters' box right over the 'Find a job' box. That kind of random box placement occurred on every page. I just tried it and now it doesn't.

Checks desktop... Aha!

I shall email a screen dump of boxes over boxes to support @ technojobs.co.uk

Windows ME, Firefox 2.0.0.11

Leave a comment:

• technojobs
    replied
    Hey BrownIssue. I am one of the developers on Technojobs, what problems are you having with firefox? Have tested on FF in XP, OS X, Ubuntu and all works fine for me. Let me know configuration and will check it out. Plus any specifics on what is broken for you would be really useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X