• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working at McDonalds for a week.."

Collapse

• melbourne720
    replied
    If you want exercise, and a change from the IT/office world, try being a car valet.

I did it as a student, I was eating twice what I am now (late 20s) and loosing weight (must have been burning 3500-4000 calories a day).

Plus you get to drive other peoples cars all day, a play with power sprayers.

Hard work though.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    My Dads-Mums-Sisters-Son (not sure what relation that makes him to me)
    Second Cousin

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Here is some insight into the Sockpuppet family (extended).

I have an Uncle who used to work for the BoE. He was on shed loads. Couple of k a day easily. He gave it all up to go and work for mfi selling furniture. He loves it.

My Dads-Mums-Sisters-Son (not sure what relation that makes him to me) used to live in Africa. He was/is an IT genius. Massive house, swimming pool etc. Left his job and got offers from all over the world to move there and work. He opted to work in a Sainsburys stacking shelves. Now lives with a new woman and loves it.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    I've pondered the same thing but with Tesco's as a shelf stacker, wander round all day with a pallet of beans, no stress, no PM's on my back ....like you say its almost a holiday with a bit of exercise thrown in.

Not sure I could cope with MC Sh!te serving burgers to the fake Burbury clad 18yr olds in their rusty corsa's all day and listening to some fat bit screaming at litle Brittany and Justin to shut the F%^K up! with a Berkley red hanging out of her gob.
    Last edited by shelby68; 29 January 2008, 08:38.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Mines' a king size burger with cheese, easy on the onion, but generous with the tomato and lettuce. Plus a large fries and Sprite please.
    Wot the fat bint said.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Does that mean I can't work there either?
    Forget about the hair, you don't have enough acne!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    2UK, think you would fail the hygiene test - you are too hairy.
    Does that mean I can't work there either?

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    And whose fault is that ? Do i have to go for every damn thing online ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I often come to local McDonalds and offer £10k in cash to any member of staff who would quit the job there and then. Usually all of them go - a bit prices but lots of fun.

threaded.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    tpd

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I've often toyed with having a go at working in MacDonalds just to set some of the little Hitlers who work as shift supervisors straight. When one of them's giving it the big "I am" ordering every one around and telling them to work faster (or spouting all those American motivational phrases) I've often thought how much fun it would be for one of the junior flippers to just completely bawl them out.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Mines' a king size burger with cheese, easy on the onion, but generous with the tomato and lettuce. Plus a large fries and Sprite please.

I bet it's quite hard work requiring quite a bit of concentration dealing with multiple orders at once.
    Now wait there Missy , say that again slowly so that I can write it down... ( an then enjoy her expression ) .. It will be awsome , I am definitely doing this someday..
    Last edited by 2uk; 28 January 2008, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    I think you are most impressed of all. Can't seem to stop talking about it..
    I like Audi A3. It is a nice small wee car. But it's nothing impressive or exclusive - basically nicer shaped Golf.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    I think you are most impressed of all. Can't seem to stop talking about it..
    Atw is worried you might impress Denny too much...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X