• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spot the Quote

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spot the Quote"

Collapse

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I said that on the basis that both Diver (twice) and RealityHack guessed films that were based on the same book so they both knew where the source of the quote came from (unless the quote was never in the original book).

btw, I think your new TV series got off to a decent start
    No, nothing so melodramatic. The hero's last words in the book are a somewhat low key "I know".

Why, thank you. Just wait till you see what happens at the end of the series.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
    Well, I said Diver was right and RealityHack was wrong anyway (but on the right track). I Am Legend was the Will Smith version and he didn't say that line (just something about Bob Marley being cool and some dialogue from Shrek instead).
    I said that on the basis that both Diver (twice) and RealityHack guessed films that were based on the same book so they both knew where the source of the quote came from (unless the quote was never in the original book).

btw, I think your new TV series got off to a decent start

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Close but no cigar. Which is just as well, as the last time Cpt. Jack gave me a cigar, it was lubricated and difficult to light.
    It was an eye-opening experience though, right?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Close but no cigar. Which is just as well, as the last time Cpt. Jack gave me a cigar, it was lubricated and difficult to light.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    So RealityHack and Diver were also right then?
    Well, I said Diver was right and RealityHack was wrong anyway (but on the right track). I Am Legend was the Will Smith version and he didn't say that line (just something about Bob Marley being cool and some dialogue from Shrek instead).
    Last edited by Captain Jack; 28 January 2008, 10:19.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Well done that man, give him a coconut. Probably Vincent Price's finest role in the first film adaptation of I Am Legend.

It's still an appropriate quote for me to say to the forum at large though.

So RealityHack and Diver were also right then?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Well done that man, give him a coconut. Probably Vincent Price's finest role in the first film adaptation of I Am Legend.

Banana

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Vincent price - The Last Man on Earth /(or Alive)?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    AtW addressing his Squirrel minions?
    Army of occupation

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    AtW addressing his Squirrel minions?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Charlton Heston - Omega Man ?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Vincent price - The Last Man on Earth /(or Alive)?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Freaks! All of you. All of you, freaks! Mutations! You're freaks! I'm a man - the last man.
    Was it Geoffrey in Rainbow ?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I am Legend?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Damn, I'm never going to get this..............[clue]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X