• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's your youth cult?"

Collapse

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Got the tail end of punk, had a mohawk for a day till my mum kicked me out of the house.

All the sh!te in between I hated, 80's was awful with a few exceptions (Hip hop, early indie).

Then raver. Never looked back.
    As above, with a side order of anarcho-punk CRASS fan.

I believe my twenty year old self would be calling me a sell-out

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    What he said, then disco, funk, rave, acid house, garage, madchester, new MOR (kooks, feeling etc).

Now, comfy trousers and baldy head "turn that down" stylee.
    I still have spiked hair and attend one live gig a week thanks to my local boozer.

Kooks are playing morecambe soon, sold out though. Will have to have a chat with the support to see if they can get me in.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

70s fashion victim. Local discos in high waist trousers, tank top and wedge shoes.
    Then I grew up and went punk. Stayed there ever since attitude and philosophy wise though my taste in music is varied.

What he said, then disco, funk, rave, acid house, garage, madchester, new MOR (kooks, feeling etc).

Now, comfy trousers and baldy head "turn that down" stylee.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I was into the late 80s Glam Rock that was (sort of) popular at the time.

Earrings, bracelets, dog-tags, makeup. Drainpipe jeans, paisley head scarves around my neck.

<SHUDDERS>

You where a Boy George look-a-like.

I was too young in the 80's........

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Too young for punk, too old for the late 80s bollocks.

No wonder no-one missed me when I withdrew to become a full-blown computer geek. I was born Mr Invisible. At least no-one can steal my identity, I haven't got one.

I haven't got an identity either.....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Greaser and proud of it
    Wot 'e said!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    mid 80's rocker with sleeveless denim jacket with hand-sown patches (Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden) and black leather trousers or blue jeans. Short hair.

Went more new wave and goth at the end of the 80's.

Then came "house music", so I skipped that era...then new goth, industrial, ebm emerged and that's where I stayed.

The Mission are playing in London in March btw...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Got the tail end of punk, had a mohawk for a day till my mum kicked me out of the house.

All the sh!te in between I hated, 80's was awful with a few exceptions (Hip hop, early indie).

Then raver. Never looked back.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Who are you calling a cult?

70s fashion victim. Local discos in high waist trousers, tank top and wedge shoes.
    Then I grew up and went punk. Stayed there ever since attitude and philosophy wise though my taste in music is varied.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    I was a light goth and dressed in Black with Jesus and Mary Chain style hair.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Greaser and proud of it

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I was into the late 80s Glam Rock that was (sort of) popular at the time.

Earrings, bracelets, dog-tags, makeup. Drainpipe jeans, paisley head scarves around my neck.

<SHUDDERS>

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD

Trip...trip....awayyyyy

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Was that in the 50's?
    No - that was in the early 80's. I'm not that old...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Mop-haired layabout, with an ankle-length blue RAF greatcoat. It was a huge thing with brass buttons, which I bought off a tramp for £5, much to my parents' annoyance.

God they don't make coats like that anymore. It was probably 40 years old when I had it, and as good as new (after a dry clean).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X