• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed!"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    The hopes had led US share prices to close higher on Wednesday, reversing falls seen earlier in the day.

The Worldy Hope - that men set their hearts upon
    Turns to Ashes - or it prospers
    And soon - like snow upon the Desert's Face
    Lighting a little hour or two - and is gone

Come then -with Old Pruffock then and leave the Wise
    To talk - one thing is certain - that Life Flies
    One thing is certain - the Rest is Lies
    The Flower that once has bloomed - forever Dies

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Maybe I should upgrade from the Focus I have on order to a beamer!
    beemer

You're going to be a permie soon, you should invest in a sensible pair of shoes instead.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The rebound came on hopes of a rescue plan for US bond insurers that could prevent a new wave of asset writedowns.
    They tried this a month or two back and it involves the banks who are in the tulip putting up $5-10 billion each to bail out the Co's who are so called insuring all the bad debt created by them in the first place. Uber doomed, get buying those tins of beans asap.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Maybe I should upgrade from the Focus I have on order to a beamer!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Woohoo! All sorted then. Now I can go back to picking that new, expensive motor.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Boomed!

Boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7206125.stm

Stocks across Europe and Asia have rebounded, following strong gains for US stocks on Wednesday.
    By 0820 GMT, London's FTSE 100 index was up 3.1%, in Paris the Cac 40 rose 4.5% and Frankfurt's Dax was up 3.1%.

In Asia, Japan's benchmark Nikkei index closed 2.1% higher, while key share indexes climbed by more than 2% in Mumbai, Hong Kong and Sydney.

The rebound came on hopes of a rescue plan for US bond insurers that could prevent a new wave of asset writedowns.

The hopes had led US share prices to close higher on Wednesday, reversing falls seen earlier in the day.

All back to normal now. BTL, house prices rising, unemployment falling, horray!

Working...
X