• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dopey workmen

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dopey workmen"

Collapse

• PRC1964
    replied
    I remember a song about them: http://www.gladding.com/rsf/

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Do they have a 'who nicked our effin lampost' look on their faces?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Another van's arrived. There's five of them standing around it now. They all look perplexed.
    probably trying to figure out if its time for a fag/coffee/toilet break

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Another van's arrived. There's five of them standing around it now. They all look perplexed.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I think they're more like this

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    That is excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Or this?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I once tried to pull the stump of a huge rosebush out of my garden using a car with 140BHP.

The rose bush won.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Doubt it.

These are the fellas who were digging a hole in front of my house the other day. They kindly blocked my drive with their van.

As far as I can make out, they've just dug a hole and left it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Can they see you watching? If so give them a wave.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    They're back again.

There's three of them standing around the stump looking confused.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    is this them?
    http://www.abbeville.com/oscar/images/1932-d.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    started a topic Dopey workmen

Dopey workmen

So, a couple of weeks ago several workmen arrived to remove a lamp post in the office car park. They couldn't dig it out of the ground, but managed to cut it down with an angle grinder (which I should add was plugged into a socket that they'd wired directly into the lamp) and left a stump about a metre high which they expertly sealed off with a carrier bag and a zip tie.

Today another motley crew arrives to make a second attempt at removing it. After spending about 5 seconds digging down to try and remove it, they decide upon an alternative plan. One of them gets in their van and begins reversing into it, hoping the towbar of the van will knock it over. After approximately 20 attempts, the towbar didn't seem to be pointing in the same direction as it was before they started.

They then seem to have got bored and buggered off.

Looking forward to instalment 3 next time they're back....

Working...
X